Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 7:55 PM

Free phone promotion NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

1/9/2018 I bought my Note S8 and the promotion is to get S8 free phone, until March 2019, I transferred my 2 lines to my name from my other family member's account and the AT&T agent at the store DID NOT fully check the $25 off promotion of the free phone because I have to have direct TV which my family had. Now I am very upset about the service and paid $25 from 5/2019 till phone paid off resulting more than $300. I am 65 years old, low income and I think I get abuse by the lack of taken care and fully help for an elderly person.

I hope that your company can reply my problem and find a solution for me.

Thanks

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

4 weeks ago

This is not AT&T, this is a customer populated Community forum

The buy one get one free deals have more than one requirement. It sounds like the requirement at the time you purchased was to add a new line to AT&T, and to have AT&T TV service.

Moving a line within AT&T is not adding a new line. The purpose of these promotions are to increase the number of customers that AT&T has so that they are making a profit off selling you service.

The promotions work by simply you meeting the requirements the computer does the rest. Just like the one at the grocery store knows when you buy two cans of Dole peaches one of them is deducted at the end of your register receipt. There are no boxes to check or forms to fill out you simply have to meet the requirements and the computer puts the credits on your account automatically

It sounds like you did not understand that the promotion required a new line to AT&T, not just a new line to your account.
So you purchase two phones at the fair market value like 98% of the other people who have cellular service with AT&T and other carriers.

I highly recommend reading the details of the promotions so that you understand what the requirements are before you make a purchase. If there's any confusion you can come back to the Forum and ask other customers what exactly the promotional requirements mean.

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 ATT be demand arbitration with me as a loyal customer almost 2 decade never late on bill was waiting for same deal and renew contract to get LG G8 for free. After order 611 confirmed me to standby and be patient for credit to catchup with 3 billing cycles turn out they then claim promo only good when add a line. At that time I had 2 tablet line done with contract and hardly use can go with that route too. Renewal contract and add a new line *disconnect 2 tablet line is the and shiet to me absolutely no different whatsoever but Att manage to put me in circle pointing to dept here and there, give out wrong info and misleading and seem like all the 611 att customer care don't really know much and barely make it in helping customers need. They are outstanding and convincing customers to buy new service and then (Edited per community guidelines)d them until they can't stand it no more like me, it's the principle and it's make my (Edited per community guidelines) to go through and letting people know be aware of being a victim, it's unnecessary and waste of time and should not happened to any Att customer to begin with

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

@WallyTran AT&T is a no-contract carrier. The only time you'll see a contract is on a free tablets, or if you are on one of the current unlimited data plans they might extend a free contract for a phone if you threaten to leave (loyalty offers come and go)

In general there are no free deals for current customers on phones.

AT&T reps are always going to mention the deals, and they show up in your bill on a regular basis. That does not mean you have met the requirements for those deals - it's an advertisement.
If you want to take part in those promotions you have to meet the requirements. Because the requirements change often, and because they are not about saving you money, but about adding new customers to AT&T, it's a good idea to read them and understand the requirements.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.