• 

2 Messages

Fri, Apr 10, 2020 3:23 AM

"Free phone per line" Holiday Offer was NOT free!

In January, 2020 I was offered a "Holiday Special" of get a line/get a phone. I was told this was an extension of an offer made in December, Buy one get one. And, she told me she would waive any fees. So, I added 2 lines and asked for an iphone 8 and a Samsung phone. I specifically said I had a Samsung 8 Edge and did not want a downgrade, and the customer service agent (CSR) assured me it was not a downgrade they were sending me. However, I received an A10 or something similar, NOT an upgrade by far! So, I sent the phone back with a note. Since this phone was supposed to be a separate line that I needed ASAP I went to the AT&T store to explain to them what was going on. The agent there "gave" me an S10 phone, but I did not realize he was opening a new line! So, I now have 3 new lines I do NOT use!! (It is very easy to see there are no calls or texts, etc. on these lines!!) All because I thought I would get 2 "free" phones. Well...I'm being charged for the phones via installments! On top of that, I was told I would get $10 off PER LINE if I signed up for Auto Pay and Paperless Billing. Well...No discount and I am now paying installments on phones that were SUPPOSED to be free!! I have tried for MONTHS to get this resolved, each time being told I would have a Supervisor call me, and each time being told by agents they could see the "notes" specifying what happened with the AT&T store, etc. BUT...on this last call I was told there are NO notes except for what I said (NO notes on the CSR!!!) That isn't even legal!! I am at the point of not only cancelling ALL my 8 lines with AT&T but of taking this to Arbitration, because I was told in order to get out of being with AT&T/go to another phone service I would have to PAY the full price for BOTH phones, and I never pay full price for anything! I am so disgusted and disappointed with AT&T whom I have been with for decades! What a mess! AND...it's also now a matter of principal since - there are illegally "no notes or recordings" of these incidents - I am now practically being called a liar that these free phones were even offered! I know you are short of people because of COVID, but come on! Is decency and fairness DEAD at AT&T?? What.the.heck! Please! Somebody who can do something get back with me ASAP! I expect to have my original offer given for the buy one get one OR to be able to remove these lines and return the phones!! Also, I cancelled autopay and paperless billing tonight because I want to have a paper bill from now on! My husband just had open heart surgery and has been in recovery 4 weeks with 2 more to go, so that is where my mind has been...besides this COVID mess! Someone, please do what is right and decent and work this out! Waiting...Debra

Responses

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Debra, I know EXACTLY how you feel because I am going through the same thing. All 3 of my phones were supposed to be free and I am being charged for all 3. My monthly bill was supposed to be $112 plus tax and so far I have paid $240 last month and $337 this month. And my AT&T in home expert who set my plan up is no longer replying to my emails or text messages. But the good thing is that I have a paper trail of emails with our agreement and I will be going to the media if someone doesn't fix it. I wish that i would have never switched from Verizon.

• 

2 Messages

Oh.my.word! I can't imagine owing for 3 phones...This HAS to be illegal! Fortunately, I have a close friend who is a (Edited per community guidelines) who would help me with this if it comes to that...I have never had this kind of problem with AT&T! They must be going downhill. I also have records I am finding, but did you know you can subpoena any notes or recordings they have? The point is, this is obviously happening to more than one person, so they need to tell their CSRs to quit lying/misrepresenting offers (I wonder if they received bonuses or points for signing people up?) At any rate, at the very least this needs to be investigated! I'm not messing with it on Easter weekend, but next week...watch out! I am NOT letting this one go! Also, the iphone was a gift for my daughter for college graduation, so it's not like I'm going to return that one!

(edited)

Aminany

• 

51 Messages

This is not your DADS att any more !!!!! att highest office are the ones that lie the most and doesn’t do anything to fix the problem