Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020 6:06 PM

Free phone from AT&T

Last December I went to a AT&T store to get a battery for a old apple phone which was going to cost me $50 to $60. I was told they were offering a couple of free phones if I add another line. So I did that. I was told that the charge for phone would show on my bill but that I would be getting a credit for the monthly phone charge after a few billing cycle. I am still fighting with AT&T and will be filing a complaint as I have documentation to show that it was a free phone. All they have done is credit me $7.00 but the monthly charge on my phone is $12.50. You think I was asking for a million dollars. All I want was to see the credit on my phone bill every month. I have been with AT%T for over 20 years and customer service has suffered in the last 2 years. As anyone else had this problem.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

If you're only getting a $7, then that is the credit allowed on that phone. Free phone deals give a credit for the base model of that particular line. If you purchased an upgraded model, or upgraded storage you pay the difference

• 

3 Messages

It was a free phone all I had to do is add a line which I did. I'm a smart person and I know what was told to me. I have conversation confirming it in writing.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Unfortunately, it does not matter what was told to you if they were wrong. The written promotion takes precedence over whatever anyone told you. Again, the “free” phone is the base model. If you got something different than the base model, you pay the difference. Yes, you should have been informed of that but not being told probably won’t make any difference. What phone did you get?

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I have it in writing from AT&T that it is a free phone. That's why I am going to file the complaint. Without that, I would not have any proof. Whatever happened with "customer is right". I have been with them for over 20 years and I don't like to be called a liar. That is essentially what they are saying. Its a new year and I will fight this and if that means sending the complaint, then that is what I will do. I will share this on facebook, tweeter, etc. Once my contract is done in a few months I will be going with another company. I got rid of the home phone, internet and next the cell phones. I just wanted to share this.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

yes! Except they are charging 34 a month on a free phone and have been for 8 straight months.

I have called I have one in the store I’ve talk to managers they’ve talked to regional managers I’ve called customer service over and over again nobody has fix the problem in eight months they have charged me $34 for the last eight months for a phone that was supposed to be free.

At what point do we take them to court and start a small action suit

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

@Cupcakes4stimpy
Go ahead.
Just be aware that AT&T has written offers, published, and whatever you may have been told verbally has no standing legally. Verbal agreements cannot be upheld, no proof.
It's terribly unfortunate but if someone lied to you in order to make a sale, you have to hope you get the right Rep who feels sorry about what happened and is willing to give you some kind of compensation for being lied to. Most Representatives have zero power to do that.

Most offers required a new line, the phone must be purchased on that line, and for over a year, a newer unlimited data plan is required. Legacy unlimited plans have been specifically excluded.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.