Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 5:33 PM

Free iPhone 11? When? $200 gift card? Only when I asked where it was.

December 2019 we got promised new iPhone 11s with a trade in of iPhone 6S or newer. We traded in three iPhone 6S, got three iPhone 11. First bill, charged for all three iPhone 11s which our salesman (ie, scammer) said may happen, credits to follow. Second bill, all three charged again, Live chat says "the credits will appear on next bill." Third bill, two iPhone 11s were charged. Live chat says (today) "Urgent claim submitted. Credits to reflect on next bill."

When does the "next bil" come with my credits? On my 30th installment? How can AT&T promote free iPhone 11s with trade in and then still charge me? I told live chat that AT&T is not allowed to deduct the full bill from my account, only the amount after the "credits" are applied. Will call bank and/or (Edited per community guidelines) if they do for unauthorized billing.

We received our $200 gift card AFTER I called and asked where it was. Response : "for some reason it showed is shipped but it never did. And you have another $100 coming from internet special." I started internet seven months prior.

Who can I email to complain about this? I want a record of me actually communicating with AT&T.

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

Get help with rewards via: “Reward Center to check the status on your refund? They can be reached directly at 800. 288. 9983 https://rewardcenter.att.com/home” and get updates on your trade in by reaching out to the trade in center if you haven’t gotten a clear update form customer care, reachable at 888. 445. 6005

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

@mobilemax If you are an employee than resolve my issue. Your scam artist at the Michigan Ave store in Chicago took our phones. SO you find out the trade in. I have done everything,

My bank has been told not to pay the current amount on my bill as your company lied and is not honoring the agreed pricing. Try taking it out.,...TRY it. As soon as this sham agreement is over I am leaving this company.

Reference CM20200214_144670640. The pricing/billing BETTER be fixed by 28Feb2020.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

8.7K Messages

@rmatzinger All users, including employees, are posting as fellow customers. This is not a way to in touch with AT&T.

Gift cards require registration on the reward center website. It sounds like you've got that resolved though, so that is neither here nor there.

Promo credits will appear on starting on the third bill, so the only outstanding issue is the two phones not receiving credits.

Refusing to pay your bill in full will do nothing except earn you late fees and possibly get your service suspended. If you're suspended, AT&T might remove your eligibility for the promos altogether, so that's not a good plan. File a complaint with the BBB which will get you contacted by the Office of the President. Someone there will be able to help, either explain why you shouldn't be getting credits or get the system fixed so you do get credits.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

The other thing is that promo was only one phone was free you could not do it for multiple phones on the same account.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…