For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
P

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2020 1:35 AM

Fraudulent Hard Inquiry

Today I received a notification from Equifax that I had a change on my credit report. I checked into it and a hard inquiry from AT&T appeared today. I do not have ANY accounts with AT&T, I have not applied for any installments with AT&T and have not authorized this inquiry. I called equifax to disput this, but it is after hours, so I am hoping to resolve this directly with you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

You cannot dispute something with at&t if you arent a customer. Google how go dispute errors on your report.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

what sense does that make? I have a fraudulent hard inquiry on my credit report, I know it’s fraudulent BECAUSE I am not a customer, but I can’t dispute it because I’m not a customer? If you are not a representative of AT&T, please do not bother to respond.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

How to remove fraudulent items

⤴️

This is why I said google. Now its done for you.

This is a customer populated forum. If you want at&t, call them. (good luck with that)

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

A fraudulent hard inquiry could be an indication of identity theft. You dispute that with the credit agency, not with who did the inquiry. This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. You aren’t going to get a response from an ATT representative.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.