Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Robbedbyhackers's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, April 20th, 2019 5:17 AM

Fraudulent charges on my card - ATT let thieves take our money without a problem

Yesterday I found out someone charged my Bluebird Card 4 times and attempted a fifth transaction but by that time my account was too low. $120, $50 one day , then $120 and $50 again. I'm waiting to see what will come out of this, but aside from me and my family being out of my bill money and having to wait for Bluebird to post the money to my account and having to wait for a new card, ***** my husband actually suspected that I had a boyfriend, so I am happy I found this forum and see I'm not the only one. 

By the way, for those who think it happens to people who are careless with their info: my card was in a lock box! I bare use it! 

I'm very upset! Since this is obviously something that has been happening, why is AT&T not tightening up on security? It's going to cost me a disconnection, having to be without electricity for a few days and a nice reconnect fee- no one cares! 

[word filter avoidance]

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

5 years ago

I don’t know anyone who HASN’T experience credit card fraud.   It is entirely between you and your CC company, not the merchant.  You not knowing how it works, is your issue.   

You might want to change card companies, as I’ve never had the kind of poor response you describe.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I agree and asked them, too how this is possible.
But I also believe AT&T should be a little more alert when it comes to
those back to back transactions.

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

My card information was stolen and used at a place 1,200 miles from where I live. I had to sense to not blame the stores, they are gonna end up screwed out of money as well. My financial institution gave me a full refund and it was all settled in about 3 days. What do you expect stores to do, ask for a social security card if people buy stuff online? The person who stole your information most likely had enough information to pretend to be you. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Correlation is not causation, but I am sympathize with @Robbedbyhackers because I "think" that this literally just happened to me after paying my first bill manually on ATT.com/setting up autopay with my credit card. That's why I searched forums to see if there was any pattern, plus ATT's website operates a bit dated. The timing was very "fishy" and the purchases were USA related - Norton, McAfee, IdentityIQ - then most surprisingly, a computer software store in Ireland! Thankfully my bank PenFed Credit Union detected fraud immediately and I got a text then a call to walk through everything. Once they detect fraud, they block purchases. My card has been canceled and when I get the new one, I will either pay ATT by phone or test my theory by paying online again through manual entry of my credit card.

Alternatively, it could also have been my GooglePay setup. I know we should be prudent about use of autopay apps/features too. The thing is, the general pattern I see when I get fraud, is after I paid for a service online, through my Google or manually. No blame thrown to the companies we buy items/services from, it's the hackers that are the issue *sigh* but I do hope that all around we as individuals as well as companies can be as secure as possible with sensitive information in this crazy cyber world :).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.