Need help understanding your bill?
josh1usc's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 8:58 PM

Fraudulent Billing

AT&T Fraudulently bills $397.17 per line for “no conditions” trade in, for phones they received over 3 months ago.  I have called in repeatedly, I have provided the tracking numbers for the trade in phones that have been in ATT possession for 3 months, I have emailed all of this information to ATT customer service many times, yet this is how they treat business customer for over 15 years 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

3 months ago

AT&T Fraudulently bills $397.17 per line for “no conditions” trade in,

1.  The only 'no conditions' trade in offer from AT&T would be for Android phones which accepts a phone even if it's damaged and not working.  All of the iPhone trade-in deals required the phones to be in excellent condition and meet minimum book value to qualify.

2.   The only reason AT&T would be charging you $397 is if you were upgrading early with Next Up, and did not return phones to AT&T in excellent and working condition in order to be relieved of the remaining installments on your phones.  

3.   Next up early upgrade and the trade-in offer are two entirely different things.  If you sent "any condition (damaged) phones back to AT&T as part of an early upgrade you would be charged the remaining installments because the phones are supposed to be in excellent condition.

4.   If you sent damaged or good condition phones to Assurant Mobile in Tennessee as part of the trade-in deal for credit against your new phones but they were not paid off, AT&T expected those phone back, and did not get them, so you would be charged the remaining installments on the phones.

for phones they received over 3 months ago.

Who has them?  Trade in phones go to Assurant Mobile in Tennessee. The address label clearly says Laverne Tennessee.  AT&T does not have phones that are mailed to Assurant mobile in Tennessee.  

I have called in repeatedly, I have provided the tracking numbers for the trade in phones that have been in ATT possession for 3 months,

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

3 months ago

For reference, here is the published offer for Samsung please read it carefully.  Especially the part where it says not an early upgrade offer (Next-Up)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.