For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jennifer3030's profile

1 Message

Friday, March 1st, 2024 1:08 AM

fraud

a customer of yours used my credit card # for paying there bill and i want that ip address they used for this payment and my money back 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 months ago

Your credit card was stolen. You need to contact your credit card bank to cancel that card and have a new one sent. You dispute the charge with them, not with AT&T. 

AT&T is not going to give you someone's IP address so just forget about that.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 months ago

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 months ago

@jennifer3030  If you are a victim of identity theft, then:

1. File a police report for identity theft.

2. File a fraud report with AT&T.

3. Notify your credit card companies.

4. Change all of your passwords on ALL of your accounts using strong passwords which are different from each other.

5. Dispute any charges that you don't recognize.

6. Start monitoring all of your accounts on a weekly basis for any suspicious activity.

7. Change your email to a new account and provider. Gmail is ok but I'd look for a separate email service for at least your important accounts.

Do this now and don't expect AT&T to take care of it because technically, it's your problem not theirs. There is no way of knowing for sure how your information was picked up but rest assured your "packet" has been sold on the dark web to scammer/spammers/phishers.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 months ago

@jennifer3030 Replace the compromised credit card.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

AT&T isn't going to give you any information. And as far as your credit card is concerned you deal with your financial institution not with AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.