FIX: Change your Billing Cycle and Due Date!
There are many people angry about the change in billing due dates that have been set by AT&T recently. There is a way to get your due date back to where you want it but does require a little work on your part.
NOTE: I am not an AT&T Employee, this is just advice from someone doing a little research!
How the change works:
First you will need to contact AT&T customer support (as this is just a customer to customer support forum so nobody here can make changes to your account). Let them know you want to change your billing cycle and due date.
- First month - you must complete your current billing cycle
- Second month - you will have a prorated "short" cycle anywhere from 0-29 days
- Third month - you will start with the billing cycle on the new date you select. There are a couple of other requirements below just so you are completely informed when talking to AT&T support.
Billing Cycle Change Requirements:
Changing your billing cycle is NOT an option in all service areas so contact support at 800-331-0500 to find out if this option is available in your service area.
- Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle.
- Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date.
- If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed.
- If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.
Please keep in mind that when a billing cycle is changed you will see prorated charges to get all of the billing back on track with the new dates.
Understanding that this does create an inconvenience for many people for the first 2 months you will be where you need to be after and back on track. If anyone has anything to add please do so and I will update my post.