Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Carasu66's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 11:23 PM

First Bill $654!!

Granted, we have 5 lines with $30 data plans and texting, but my proration period was only 3 days before the new billing cycle began. We only have the 700 minute calling plan. This sounds more like two full cycles rather than 3 days plus a full cycle. Does this sound right? $654?!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Hi there Carasu!

That seems about right for a first bill for 5 lines. Lets see if my calculations reflect the same result here. 🙂 Okay let's get started!

700 minute plan - $60

Data plan - $30 x 5

Family Messaging - $30

Activation fees - $36 x 5

Additonal lines: $10 x 3

For Voice Proration: $60/ 30 (days in a cycle) = $2 a day x 3 (days left in cycle) = $6 + $60 (voice plan) = $66 (not including any minute overages)

Data Proration: $30/ 30 = $1 x 3 = $3 + 30(data plan cost) =$33 x5 (multiplied by the 5 lines) = $ 165 (not including any overages)

Messaging plan: $30/30 = $1 x 3 = $3 + 30(messaging cost) = $33

Activation fees: $36 x 5 = 180

So: $66 + $165 + $33 + $180 + $30 = $474 + taxes for your state = $654

Hope that helps! 🙂

~ Evandela ~

Guru

• 

475 Messages

12 years ago

Probably about right. Remember, $180 is activation fees: 5 x $36 = $180. Plus taxes and proration.

Scholar

• 

250 Messages

12 years ago

@Carasu66 wrote:
Granted, we have 5 lines with $30 data plans and texting, but my proration period was only 3 days before the new billing cycle began. We only have the 700 minute calling plan. This sounds more like two full cycles rather than 3 days plus a full cycle. Does this sound right? $654?!

700 minute plan $60.

Unlimited Family Messaging $30

Data Plan $30 x 5

Activation Fee $36 x 5

Added Line $10 x 4

60+30+150+180+40= $460 plus taxes and fees plus whatever amount was prorated for the 3 days.  Definitely less than 2 full cycles.  2 full cycles would be $740 plus taxes and fees. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks, I guess that is right...just a little shocking to see such a high number; they did give me a decent credit when I called to inquire.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

I'm glad that the information I provided helped. Your first bill will always be higher than normal since AT&T charges one month in advance. 🙂 Your second bill should be a lot lower than the first one! 😉

~ Evandela

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Except my first bill was MUCH lower than my first! Please check my post because im am 100% confused.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

This is likely due to the date you signed up. 

Between proration and the way your service is billed, it's possible that the bulk of your "start up" costs hit on the second bill. 

If you would like to talk to someone about your bill, I'd be happy to set that up; just let me know!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Did you pay the bill already? You could call customer service and ask them if they could waive the activation fee. We switched from tmobile (4yrs) and it saved us $103+ for 3 phones. It worked for uverse too.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’m kinda experiencing the same problem. I received $200 credit per line....with 3lines that is $600. My first bill just generated (I activated on or around November 19th). I now only have a $90 credit. It’s also showing that I am being charged for Nov-Dec and Dec-Jan....does this mean I’m paid up until Jan18th?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.