Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
79ewright's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Sep 26, 2018 4:12 PM

Closed

Finally have a number for ONSHORE ENGLISH speaking customer service

I had the worse experience today with AT&T finally was routed back to the U.S.A. where there is not a language barrier and the wonderful lady gave me         1-800-331-0500 which is the onshore line.  I was able to get my issue that I have been going through every month since I came to AT&T in January fixed in a matter of minutes.  I was ready to change providers and take the $1500 hit but once you get an onshore that understands and is willing/able to correct it I may just stay.  I do not know why they went offshore in the first place it was such a bad move on there end.  I only switched back to AT&T "others came in a lot cheaper" because I loved the customer service last time.  I am second guessing my decision now!  I will hold off and see if it gets any better and if not I am out for good and will let others know.  I also want to know why they off-shored in the first place, seems to me like they were trying to save money by losing life long customers with the crappy service that now ensues......

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

4 y مضت

@79ewright

There is a problem.  Tech support is great.  I’ve given up on the rest.  I rely on what I’ve learned from Verizon and ATT forums to manage my account.  

There are great people who do care, but a lot of pawns, high turn over at the base level, and crushing quotas.  CYA and learn things.  

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

4 y مضت

@79ewright wrote:

I had the worse experience today with AT&T finally was routed back to the U.S.A. where there is not a language barrier and the wonderful lady gave me         1-800-331-0500 which is the onshore line.  I was able to get my issue that I have been going through every month since I came to AT&T in January fixed in a matter of minutes.  I was ready to change providers and take the $1500 hit but once you get an onshore that understands and is willing/able to correct it I may just stay.  I do not know why they went offshore in the first place it was such a bad move on there end.  I only switched back to AT&T "others came in a lot cheaper" because I loved the customer service last time.  I am second guessing my decision now!  I will hold off and see if it gets any better and if not I am out for good and will let others know.  I also want to know why they off-shored in the first place, seems to me like they were trying to save money by losing life long customers with the crappy service that now ensues......

1-800-331-0500 is the right to call. However, it is the AT&T wireless customer service number. There is no guarantee about whether your rep will be in the US or abroard, and AT&T employee or a contractor. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y مضت

Are you saying that the reason I’ve repeatedly and for about 3 or 4 months, gotten a representative EACH and EVERYTIME  I’ve called either the  Wireless or Tech Support Departments, I’ve been routed by AT&T’s obnoxious electronic “person” who will not transfer me to whatever department I call, without asking me to answer his obnoxious, redundant, and irritating questions, etc., and when he finally does, it’s to India, where whoever answers is someone with a very thick accent I  cannot understand and have to repeatedly say, “pardon me,” “pardon me,” “pardon me,” and the worst part is that they’ve not been trained properly so they give me either wrong information or no information so I have to get put on hold while he asks someone else who has the same accent with no more knowledge and just as bad as the other one!  I’ve   stayed with AT&T for over 32 years because of their EXCELLENT support—better than ANY other carrier or business IMO, but that’s no longer true and they’re about to lose my business and my A+ reviews.

ARam90

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

4 y مضت

As far as getting someone from the states, you're best bet is to call during the mid-morning to afternoon time period, but even then you're not guaranteed to always get an agent from the states.  In some cases from what I've seen, I've heard agents from here that BARELY speak English better than their overseas counterparts.

If your main issue is not getting an agent in the U.S. and that is the deal breaker for you, every other provider outsources a portion of their technical and billing support overseas and to third party contractors.

As to why AT&T decided to outsource, the answer is simple; it's cheaper, especially if they go with an outsourcing agency here in the U.S. that his centers across the globe.  Most companies outsource in order to keep labor and wage costs down.  Granted they still hire the majority of their workforce here in the U.S., they still go with a 3rd party contractor to further expand their workforce since AT&T only needs to pay a certain amount to that contractor as a whole rather than directly paying every new employee that is hired, since those employees work for that contractor, not AT&T.

Just my $0.02.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y مضت

First off, do At&t reps read these posts? I am soooooooooo angry right now. I need a number where I can speak to someone in the US and who speaks fluent English. The # that everyone says will get you into the US is not correct. You still have to speak with someone from overseas. If At&t reps read this, I would really like a response back.

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

3 y مضت

@2pets4me This is a user-to-user forum with only minimal moderation from AT&T. There is only one customer service number, and that routes calls to other call centers automatically, domestic or otherwise. There is no separate number that calls only US centers.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@2pets4me wrote:

First off, do At&t reps read these posts? I am soooooooooo angry right now. I need a number where I can speak to someone in the US and who speaks fluent English. The # that everyone says will get you into the US is not correct. You still have to speak with someone from overseas. If At&t reps read this, I would really like a response back.

An ice cubes chance in a frying pan with an old thread.  Call and just say “help”, or ask for loyalty department, or tech support.  

The number is 611 from your phone. 

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

AT&T are out of my house at the end of the year. I will not pay or their nickles and dimes on top of the main service charge. I am involved in their promotion with $32 off for a year. Then I get hit with another nearly $30 in fees. A sports package fee which I don't want. A fee for connection. Taxes etc. My bill has never been the same two months running. I spend hours trying to communicate with someone in English. Come January, I will pay the penalty and kick them out of my house. They are the worst company to deal with. Their customer service is pathetic. I hate them. They are GONE.

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I placed a handset order to upgrade my current one and the email had different cost and monthly pricing. Called to check this just to sit on hold for 45 minutes. Decided to cancel order and was transferred 3 times to get the “cancellation department” who put me on hold, or should I say hung up on me. Called back and talked to some one who was going to fix the issues and they said they had to transfer me only to get a prompt asking if I was over 60 press 1 or pound for no. I hit no and another prompt came on saying hang up. I called back again to get hung up on again. Called back and sat on hold for another 45 minutes. I’ve been on hold or talking to no end for over 2 hours. My phone died. I decided to cancel all 4 lines and go somewhere else. Att customer service (Edited per community guidelines). 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Not any more, this number only gets you long repetitive stupidity and irritating non English speaking robots that do not have the capability to solve any issue, Only thing they do is follow their on screen process that only serves to waste your time only to transfer you to someone else who can not help.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

2 y مضت

Thread over 2 years old.  Please do not add to old threads that may contain out-dated information.  Closed.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.