Need help understanding your bill?
C

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 2:46 AM

Final Bill/ Sent to Collections Even Though Final Bill Was Not Received

I canceled cell service with AT&T on July 5, 2020 and later received a bill from them for $75.51 for service from July 2, 2020-August 1, 2020. Since I only had service from July 2-5, 2020, I called to dispute that the bill should only be for service from July 2-July 5 and not an entire month. I was told that the final bill had not been produced yet and that I could expect that in September. September came and went and I did not receive a final bill but received multiple letters stating "Final Notice" about the $75.51. I called again and was then told that there was a delay with billing because of a tax issue in Illinois, where I live, and was promised a final bill would be generated on October 1, 2020 reflecting the prorated amount for the 4 service days. I was extremely frustrated with this conversation and the person I spoke with guaranteed I would receive the bill. That same evening, a manager from another AT&T office called to tell me that the final bill had been taken care of. His name was Ken and he gave me a reference number that I had written down. 

Then I received a letter from a collection agency last week stating that the bill had been sent to collections. I will pay for the 4 days of service that I had with AT&T and have spent HOURS on the phone trying to get this final bill for 4 days of service but have gotten nowhere and am told a different story every time I contact them. So to now be sent to collections without anyone even attempting to help me, is beyond frustrating, and the main reason I have left AT&T.

As of today 10/27/2020, I spent 4 hours of my day trying to get to the bottom of this but since this has been sent to collections, no one at AT&T could help me.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

They don’t prorate the final month. You pay the full month even if one day into a billing cycle.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.