For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
N

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 11:18 PM

False billing practices

I recently added a line to my wireless account. I was told it would be an extra $40/month. I received my first bill and it's an extra $140/month. This is unacceptable.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Is it actulaly a bill? or tye colorful customer service summary, which you should know looks nothing like a bill.

• 

2 Messages

It's an actual bill

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

$30 activation, $40 line fee, but what plan with how many lines? And when during bill cycle did you add it.
If you bill cycle runs the 15 the to 14th, and you add a line on the 16th, it won't be on the bill till the following month.
Which means you would have a $40 line fee for the current month , but you might also owe $40 for the previous month. Read the dates and contact AT&T

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

I call this AT&T math.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was told to get a free phone I needed to add a line which I wouldn’t be charged for and now I’m paying for service for a line that doesn’t have a phone

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

And did you listen to how the promotion works?
I think not.

All phone promotions work by charging you the full installment every month for the full 30 months. After three months of on-time payments you are credited for the installments that you missed the two prior months as well as the current month. The credits on installments continue for as long as you maintain the line, and the installment plan. If you cancel the new line or pay off the installments you get no more credits.

You can go over the sales page and pick any phone that has a deal for new customers attached and read the legal information for yourself on how deals work.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

25 Messages

A little courtesy goes a long way. Your opening statement put down Chasand 12. Constructive advice is helpful.

• 

3 Messages

@lizdance40 yes I did listen to how the promotion worked and that is why i was so frustrated. I was told I would not be charged for the extra line and when I got my 3rd bill the extra line charges showed up.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

Wait a minute in your first post you were told that the additional line would be $40 more per month.
Then you said this is the first bill since adding the line. So this first bill has the activation fee the line fee and the phone installment. And possibly some prorated charges if you added it part way through the month
Correct?

Now you tell me you were also told that you would be credited for the phone (NOT the line) on the third bill.

Please tell me how all these things put together don't come out right? Because they do to me

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.