Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
Outlaw9's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 4:54 PM

False Advertising

I was told my bill would be one price every month in writing but it is $40 higher each month. Customer Service says somebody quoted me wrong and they can’t do anything. Do I really have to get an attorney to force Att to honor the price quoted?

Responses

Constructive

Employee

• 

22.9K Messages

2 y ago

you cant sue them, you gave up the right to sue when you got service you would need to go to arbitration which takes anywhere from 1-3 years to settle , prices quoted are without device purchase  taxes and fees as they are determined by the area city/state you live in

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Taxes and fees ad up to $15 per month, that is not the issue. I was told the service price would be $10 less per line, per month due to discounts. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

52.5K Messages

2 y ago

What discounts? It can take 3 bill cycles for discounts to kick in, how many bills have you gotten?

TROLLEDYOUSO

Guru

• 

561 Messages

2 y ago

AT&T can raise prices whenever they want. So even if you could force AT&T to honor the stated price, it would probably only be for one month.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

6 bills so far. Employer discount and direct tv discount.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

52.5K Messages

2 y ago

If you have an unlimited data plan, there are no employer discounts. Not sure what you mean by Directv discount, there are no discounts for Directv on wireless I’ve ever heard of. Any Directv discount would be for Directv service.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.2K Messages

2 y ago

@Outlaw9 wrote:

I was told my bill would be one price every month in writing but it is $40 higher each month. Customer Service says somebody quoted me wrong and they can’t do anything. Do I really have to get an attorney to force Att to honor the price quoted?

Just to make it very simple AT&T price quotes for it’s wireless service are published online. Those are the prices that they honor for everyone. If you received a written quote from an employee that was different from AT&T’s publish prices it will not be honored because you’re signed agreement supersedes anything that happened prior to your signing up with AT&T.

Here’s the terms of service read the few paragraphs of the top which will expand on what I just said 

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html

BTW.  In order to be faults advertising, AT&T would have to actually advertise something that did not agree with what you are paying. Please note that the prices that are published online have some caveats.   The auto pay and paperless discount is required to get the published prices. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

AT&T owns Direct tv and offers a discount if you have both. It’s been a
valid discount since 2016 so.....##- Please type your reply above this line
-##
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.2K Messages

2 y ago

@Outlaw9 wrote:
AT&T owns Direct tv and offers a discount if you have both. It’s been a
valid discount since 2016 so.....##- Please type your reply above this line
-##

A discount on your wireless service? 

Any way...what plan do you have and what specifically are you being charged for it?

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Outlaw9 wrote:

Taxes and fees ad up to $15 per month, that is not the issue. I was told the service price would be $10 less per line, per month due to discounts. 

• What plan? (Exact name from printed bill or PDF)
  • What are they charging you for the PLAN and the line ACCESS costs?
  • Are you doing autopay and paperless?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.2K Messages

2 y ago

Since you mentioned employee discounts, which are only applied on limited plans:

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/mobile-share-plus.html

246E7F65-ABD2-4C51-B3B0-703E32AA90D3.jpeg

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.