Need help understanding your bill?
SSS143's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 30th, 2015 12:43 PM

Closed

Fake Collection for Non-existent AT&T account!!

I just logged in to check my credit report and found a recent collection opened by original creditor "11 ATT". This must be fake claim because I am no longer living in the US and haven't been for more than 3 years now!!

Please let me know how I should go about disputing this claim.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

MY CREDIT REPORT WENT DOWN IN 61 POINTS DUE TO THE 11 ATT THING. PLEASE CONTACT ME INTO WHAT I CAN  DO TO GET THESE CHARGES OFF MY CREDIT REPORT. IVE ALREADY FILE A REPORT ON CREDIT KARMA

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

i just looked at my credit score and it said the same thing and i never even had an account with At & T! what do i need to do to resolve this like serioulsy.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jose22 wrote:

i just looked at my credit score and it said the same thing and i never even had an account with At & T! what do i need to do to resolve this like serioulsy.

AT&T cannot remove a credit ding for a customer that was never theirs.  You have to dispute the item directly with the credit bureau as “not yours”.  

Please google how to remove wrong items from your credit

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Yes...that just happened to my boyfriend. They were trying to scam $108. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just saw on my credit report a collections from 11 ATT Directv for $99. I had directv thru Centurylink about 4-5 years ago. I had closed my account and paid my last bill. Its been so long I have any paperwork on it or even remember the exact date I closed my account. I never received any other bills since then or even a collections bill. I just got an alert from Credit Karma saying I had a new collections added to my credit report. I don't even know how to move about this or who do I call. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

AT&T, turned my closed account in to collections. First of all, AT&T wont release your phone number and or close an account unless it is paid in full. After It was paid in full. They sold my account as a collection 3 different times. Each time I provided proof I paid it in full. AT&T, emails you confirmation of payment. So each time it was removed I provided the confirmationto the collection agency. They closed and removed it from my credit  report right away. Pain in the (Edited per community guidelines) but dont EVER get rid of any payment confirmations from AT&T. It'll save you the headache later. AT &T are crooks!!! 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Sgigi Start a new thread; this one is 7 years old. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.