For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
C

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020 12:32 PM

estimated bill MUCH higher than the amount given by the person at the ATT store

I went to the local AT&T store to upgrade my phone and get some additional services. The salesman and I worked within my budget and came up with a good deal. However, when I was emailed the order review a day later it was over two times the amount that I should be paying. I called the place where I had done business and they just laughed it off saying that that was just the estimate and none of the discounts were taken out yet. I should wait until my bill posts and then I will see the "real" amount that I have to pay. The bill will post after the number of days where I can return the phones and change/ cancel my service without having to pay extra fees. Have you run into this problem before? Should I just cancel everything now? There is no way that I can pay the amount that was emailed to me.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

I can’t guarantee the store estimate will be right, but the store is right, the estimate you received via email known as the customer service summary is blatantly wrong. It does not include any of the plan discounts. What plan did you get and how many lines? We can tell you if that store estimate will be right.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hi. It's an AT&T unlimited starter plan with three lines. I upgraded my phone to an se and added two phones (iphone SE and  iphone xr). I also have a teacher discount.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Three lines on unlimited starter with your discount will be $101.25 plus taxes and fees (figure another $10-$20). Your phone payments are extra, so add the 3 phone payments to that. Be aware, though, your first bill won’t be close to that. The $101.25 price includes the autopay discount. Your first bill likely won’t have the autopay discount and might not yet have the teacher discount plus the first bill will be for more than one month of service plus there will be activation fees if your teacher discount does not get them waived. You can expect a very large first bill but don’t let that scare you off.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much for  your help, sandblaster!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.