Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
UnhappywCust's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 11:34 PM

ESCALATION CONTACT NEEDED

Moved out of ATT and received a bill for the period that i was not with ATT. Called many times to resolve and spent close to 5-6 hours in this and explained to many many customer service people. Calls are being rotated but no resolution till now. Very very very frustrated with the service. I need to escalate this. Need contact information 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

3年前

There is no published escalation number to call. To escalate, file an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. Be aware that your final month of service is not prorated. If you cancelled after your new billing month started, you are billed for the full month.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

The prorated charges for the month before. I spoke to cust service and it was reversed but again on the final bill, i was charged the same amount again with a new charge for the number of days i was in account. Meaning two charges for the same period one is prorated and another one is actual charges for days that i was in account. It took 3 hours in a call to explain and when the agent finally understood and ready to make changes, it was transferred to another department which is no way related to wireless. It got then transferred 4 more times before i dont see any point in staying the call for more than 5 hours.  

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

3年前

@UnhappywCust   I don’t understand? Why would there be a prorated bill for the second the last month of service? Especially if they don’t prorate your last month of service.

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

3年前

sounds like the agent prorated it then either the computer or supervisor said nope and it re charged you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

lizdance40, @ Constructive
- I got a bill as usual with the prorated plan charges for Sep 3-Oct 2 but I disconnected my service on Sep 04th. So the prorated charges were auto deducted, when i called customer service they reversed the charge. The last bill calculated the charges for Sep 03rd and 04th (My last day) and they sent me a final bill for the two days and the reversed charge is charged back again, which is for the month of Sep 03 to Oct 02, which i did not had connection. This is what i am trying to explain to the agents and this is going on in circles with different depatment. The last agent who understood this said he cannot apply or give back credits because my account is closed. Then it was transferred and transferred and transferred to different agents and i try to explain this situation to each one of them again and again

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

3年前

@UnhappywCust wrote:

lizdance40, @ Constructive
- I got a bill as usual with the prorated plan charges for Sep 3-Oct 2 but I disconnected my service on Sep 04th. So the prorated charges were auto deducted, when i called customer service they reversed the charge. The last bill calculated the charges for Sep 03rd and 04th (My last day) and they sent me a final bill for the two days and the reversed charge is charged back again, which is for the month of Sep 03 to Oct 02, which i did not had connection. This is what i am trying to explain to the agents and this is going on in circles with different depatment.

Yeah, I'm sure. That's not clear at all. Why did you call? Why did they reverse that charge? If you aren't giving any more info than that, I'm sure no one is able to help. Of course, it's also possible that the billing is correct and no one wants to give you news you don't want to hear. 

The last agent who understood this said he cannot apply or give back credits because my account is closed. Then it was transferred and transferred and transferred to different agents and i try to explain this situation to each one of them again and again

Like I said, I don't understand what you're saying happened. Bottom line, though, you owe for service through October 2, so that's what you should pay. 

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

3年前

@UnhappywCust   OK I understand better what you’re asking for.    AT&T has billed you correctly.   And since you have already left AT&T they have no incentive whatsoever to credit a non existent account.  It sounds like you talk someone into prorating your final bill which is not correct, and somebody fixed it.

This is standard operating procedure for all US carriers except one.    The only US carrier who prorates your final bill  is google Fi.     All  carriers bill you for a full month it is up to you to stay and use it up.    Leaving one day into the bill. It’s really a big waste of money. The best day to leave is two or three days before the end of your bill cycle.   

This discussion comes up quite frequently in relationship to cellular as well as TV and Internet services. For the most part these services do not prorate final bills. Somebody insisted yesterday that spectrum TV prorates their bill, and I showed them where their terms of service state otherwise.  You can find similar terms of service for Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and pretty much any other MVNO that provides cellular service.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.