Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 2:37 AM

Error TBR0048 for TOBR

I am trying to transfer billing responsibility for a single line from my account to a new account: however, I am getting an error TBR0048 on the code verification via text.

Can anyone please assist or someone from AT&T please contact me?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

1 month ago

Is either account prepaid?

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

The current account is not prepaid. The new account doesn’t exist yet.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

What do you mean the new account does not exist yet? You can't transfer billing responsibility for something that doesn't exist. Is the other number on another carrier? Is it a virtual number through Google Voice or numberbarn? You cannot do a transfer of billing responsibility in any of those situations.

A transfer of billing responsibility Works between AT&T existing, postpaid accounts.

If the number exists with another carrier, you need to have the number ported.

If the 'doesn't exist yet' account has yet to be created with AT&T, the user has to pass a credit check and accept billing responsibility. The account owner of the sending account has to transfer email to email. The new user may find it easiest to accept the transfer in an AT&T Company Store

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

That doesn’t seem to be correct. When transferring billing responsibility there is an option to transfer to an existing account OR create a new AT&T account which includes a credit pull. I was able to make it to the last step, after it checked credit, then there was an error when confirming and finalizing the mobile plan, etc.

• 

4 Messages

The solution was to call AT&T. They stated that an online transfer of billing responsibility always requires you to call AT&T.