Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
M
Employee

Employee

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:20 PM

Equipment Billing Issue

i upgraded and added a line of service to get a promo of the iphone for 11 a month. Nothing told me i had to be on a certain plan when i activated and the online system offered me the phone for 11 dollars. When the first bill dropped the equipment discount was not there so i chatted with a care rep who checked the promo said it was good and would take 2 to 3 billing cycles and i would get it credited back to date of activation. All of this is noted in the account i am sure. Well the 3rd bill dropped and still no discount i called and was told i had to change my rate plan and was offered $100 credit for the problem when i escalated to a supervisor i got the rudest chat i ever had and she offered me nothing not even the $100 the rep offered. While i know i am an employee i am also a customer and should be treated as such and we are eligible for equipment promos and i am now losing about $300 on the line because the system and a care rep did the wrong thing. i escalated further and said i would get a call back someone just called while i was on the other line and just said i would have to change my plan to get the promo????? no call back number no sorry you were told wrong information and no compensation for all of the wrong information. is this seriously how we treat our customers?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

53.5K Messages

1 y ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. Unlikely anyone from ATT even sees this. I presume you mean you are an ATT employee? If so and FYI, you need to identify that or you are in violation of ATT’s social media policy. Pretty much every phone deal the last year plus has required an eligible unlimited plan. I’m wondering how you didn’t know that but regardless, unfortunately ATT does not typically provide compensation for an agent or sales person not providing information or even providing incorrect information. The phone deal requirements are published. All customers should read them and not take anyone’s word over what is published.

Constructive

Employee

• 

23.8K Messages

1 y ago

an unlimited account is required for the promo. so even if you changed to unlimited today the promo wont kick in, unlimited is required at the time of the deal. and what sort of compensation would they even owe you? you signed up online so you clearly missed where it said a qualifying unlimited account was required, just like you missed the part when creating a forum account it asks if your an employee and you didnt check that box,

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.