For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Khazems's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 5th, 2018 4:12 PM

Closed

eBay and AT&T bundle deal

I’ve been offered if I pay 3 months of phone in advance they will cut my phone bill in 1/2 got 24 months. I had to put the amount and an eBay card.  Call AT&T and give them the numbers.  Is anyone else getting this deal or am I being scammed ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ok this just happened to me as well... these people know my name and address which makes what they say sound realistic until they ask you to send them 2 months of the payment they cut in half on an eBay gift card. They even offered me a $100 like AT&T would and told me to go to the eBay website and look at a current merger between the two which I did to find out about this scam because there was no information... How do they have my information? What other information do they have?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T and EBay gift card - possible scam??

4/22/19   2:30PM Nort Carolina

Like so many others I too received a fishy smelling phone call and did a quick search and found this thread. The caller (with foreign accent) James was supervisor and detailed to me how to cash in on the discount offer. He (calling from 888-288-2020) said to go buy an EBay $300 gift card and then to call 888-990-4576 x-1 and give them the special promo code of DTA7861 to get locked in at $49.99 per month after the $300 pre pays the next six months. If it sounds too good to be true???? He had my address and amt of last bill and no telling what other info.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes they had ALL my info. I got sucked into this because all o got the
info they had on me. They changed my DirecTV line up. I only have HBO
after that one call I ended up with ALL the premium channels and the 240
channel lineup. I swear it’s someone in that company that has full access
to all our info. They may not be the actual one doing it but someone in
AT&T is selling output info to the people that is doing the scam. I still
had these people on the line, I called AT&T, Plano Police, the ICP3 (the
internet scam bureau) NO one would do ANYTHING. The police closed the
incident WITHOUT even calling me about it. This is ridiculous the scam is
about them and they won’t do anything about it.
Shame on. AT&T for turning your backs on the people that pay your salary.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Just got the same scam call. they new my name, address, ATT package, etc.  Very concerning that they have this info

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I got same deal over phone but it was for 59.00 on a Ebay gift card, then call a number they provided with gift card number.. total of 299.99 for 5 months direct tv and internet no bill for 5 months.. a 100 visa gift card and only 59.00 a month for 3 years no contract!! I called  AT&T directly, not the number they provided.  AT&T said it was not a promotion from them but rather a scam

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

They keep texting me. Doing nothing. But I would like to know how they are getting my account info.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

They were asking for $300 in Ebay cards and I was just contacted by them multiple times including a voice mail.  I'm concerned that they had all my account information including address, account number, email ...etc.  Even more concerning is that when you call their phone number that it has ALL the voice prompts and even hold music as a regular AT&T customer service number.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

SCAM!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It's still going on--pay $400 for next two months on ebay cards, then pay $199.99/month for 24 months, (though no contract).  I was to get 5 premium channels, too.  Instead of discovering it was only my greed talking and succumbing to this scam, I'm glad I found this site. I'll use the cards for gifts or for myself in other ways! Thanks for the heads up everyone.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just got called also. The deal sounded good unil they told me to buy an ebay card for $500. That is when I went on line to see if this was ligit. When I told him people are saying it is a scam he started talking faster and telling me he is being recorded. I hung up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.