Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Oct 5, 2018 4:12 PM

eBay and AT&T bundle deal

I’ve been offered if I pay 3 months of phone in advance they will cut my phone bill in 1/2 got 24 months. I had to put the amount and an eBay card.  Call AT&T and give them the numbers.  Is anyone else getting this deal or am I being scammed ?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

They keep texting me. Doing nothing. But I would like to know how they are getting my account info.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

They were asking for $300 in Ebay cards and I was just contacted by them multiple times including a voice mail.  I'm concerned that they had all my account information including address, account number, email ...etc.  Even more concerning is that when you call their phone number that it has ALL the voice prompts and even hold music as a regular AT&T customer service number.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

5 months ago

SCAM!

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

It's still going on--pay $400 for next two months on ebay cards, then pay $199.99/month for 24 months, (though no contract).  I was to get 5 premium channels, too.  Instead of discovering it was only my greed talking and succumbing to this scam, I'm glad I found this site. I'll use the cards for gifts or for myself in other ways! Thanks for the heads up everyone.

• 

2 Messages

3 weeks ago

I just got called also. The deal sounded good unil they told me to buy an ebay card for $500. That is when I went on line to see if this was ligit. When I told him people are saying it is a scam he started talking faster and telling me he is being recorded. I hung up.

• 

2 Messages

3 weeks ago

(Phone number hidden)

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

AT&T does not do any business through eBay.
Scam.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

It's still happening. I just got the call. They wanted $360 up front on Ebay gift cards for the first 4 months (at $89.99 thereafter), no contract, 5 premium channels. Thank goodness for this thread!