Need help understanding your bill?
rsewill's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 6:15 PM

Download detailed billing information?

I want to be able to download in PDF format my detailed bill including information on each text, call and data usage. Like I always have been able to do in the past. Anyway to do this?  I am not interested in the .csv or .xls format but I do want the PDF format that was always available before.  Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Since1996 wrote:

Wow! The same genius thinking that designed the new GUI for my AT&T DirecTV must have had a hand in the new AT&T Wireless bill. It now takes more TV remote clicks to do the same thing as with the old AT&T DirecTV GUI and now more mouse clicks for my AT&T Wireless bill AND 3 times more of my time to get to the same end as before the new bill format. I would say this is not an improvement for either the satellite TV or wireless phone entity.

Log in to your AT&T account at att.com, then click here https://www.att.com/my/#/wirelessUsage (or from the MyATT menu click My wireless-> Check usage) 

Then choose "Data, text & talk logs" 

From there you can sort by charge amount bringing the culprit of charges into view VERY easily.

I'm not sure what all the issue is clicking around you're talking about, it's not harder than getting the PDF of the bill (I'd have to go back and count but I think it's the same number of clicks).  And the sorting option seems like it'd be much easier than looking through pages of PDFs.

Plus you can export as CSV or Excel (and pick the last 16 months).

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

"I'm not sure what all the issue is clicking around you're talking about, it's not harder than getting the PDF of the bill (I'd have to go back and count but I think it's the same number of clicks).  And the sorting option seems like it'd be much easier than looking through pages of PDFs."

So garylapointe, how many lines are you using.  For my 3 lines, I have to download the data separately for EACH line now, then download the total bill.  That makes 4 downloads where it used to be ONE.  By my count that is a LOT more mouse clicks and my time.  I used to just download the PDF of my bill and everything was there in one place.  One mouse click.

Now If I am doing something wrong, would you please correct me.

.Thanks for your reply.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Since1996 wrote:

So garylapointe, how many lines are you using.  For my 3 lines, I have to download the data separately for EACH line now, then download the total bill.  That makes 4 downloads where it used to be ONE.  By my count that is a LOT more mouse clicks and my time. 

But I wouldn't download it, I'd just sort the part that pops up right there.

I used to just download the PDF of my bill and everything was there in one place.  One mouse click.

But you had to DIG in that PDF for the individual call/text/data info, right?

Now If I am doing something wrong, would you please correct me.

Nope, you are correct, you'd need to click a few more times for the additional lines. But I'm thinking the extra charges are itemized per line (with a subtotal) so you only need to check the lines that have additional charges.

I'd think the sorting option (not exporting, just on the screen) would save loads of time.

That said, I'm assuming the extra charges are a limited small amount and not quantities of lines of data you need to examine. But if it's LOTS of data, I'd think the PDF would be even more painful.

If there are (lots of lines of data), I'm wondering if a different calling plan of some sort might suit you better??

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

No, this is not a solution.  Your solution is an inadequate fix to a problem that did not exist a month ago.  This is a clumsy workaround to get the data that was in the old statement in a format (.csv, .xls) that is nowhere as convenient as the formerly available detailed statement provided as a PDF.  The issue is that AT&T created a problem and now the company has created a non-solution to the problem they created.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to fix what shouldn't have been broken.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

This solution is not a solution to getting what has been available for years: My detailed statement.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@rsewill wrote:

No, this is not a solution.  Your solution is an inadequate fix to a problem that did not exist a month ago.  This is a clumsy workaround to get the data that was in the old statement in a format (.csv, .xls) that is nowhere as convenient as the formerly available detailed statement provided as a PDF.  The issue is that AT&T created a problem and now the company has created a non-solution to the problem they created.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to fix what shouldn't have been broken.

I think you mean "I thank the community volunteers who took their personal time to make suggestions on ways for me to get the data that I need, it's just not working for me the way that I want it".  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@rsewill wrote:

Just because you don't care for the change doesn't mean there's a problem or anything is broken; it's just something you don't like. You have to adjust. That's life. 

Maybe you can request detailed paper bills be mailed to you and you can scan them to a PDF. You wouldn't qualify for a paperless billing discount, but if PDFs are that important to you, it seems like it would be worth it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I think the forum volunteers are missing the point of the question. ATT change the details of the bill PDFs that used to provide information without having to dig around for it. No discussion or input from customers who saw benefit from the old format. Why the change at all? If customers liked the old way, put it back to the old way. ATT, after all, should prioritize serving its customers needs/desires first, not theirs. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Barons wrote:

I think the forum volunteers are missing the point of the question. ATT change the details of the bill PDFs that used to provide information without having to dig around for it. No discussion or input from customers who saw benefit from the old format. Why the change at all? If customers liked the old way, put it back to the old way. ATT, after all, should prioritize serving its customers needs/desires first, not theirs. 

I don't think anyone is missing the point. The way details are displayed online changed. Some people don't like it. I don't think anyone will ever truly know what prompted the change. I'd imagine there's savings for AT&T at the top of the list, though. 

Most people don't care about the details we're discussing. I know I don't. The people who need to easily access this information are few and dwindling, with the advent of unlimited everything plans. Unfortunately, I wouldn't hold out hope that AT&T will worry about how those few feel about the changes to the way bills are displayed online. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

The detailed PDFs are useful for legal purposes.  I can't submit an easily-faked Excel sheet as legal evidence of a call/text or series of calls/texts to my employer, bank, arbitrator, adjuster, or counsel.  I might as well submit it on a napkin.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.