Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 13th, 2020 3:47 AM

Double Charged

I changed my service the first day of the new cycle to the 150.00 3 line unlimited but when the bill came in I was charged for a full month at my old rate and the new rate ... for a grand total of 265.00 for the first month like (Edited per community guidelines) ???? Really !!!! What kind (Edited per community guidelines) its this ??

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Are you a new customer? Is this your first bill?
Read the dates on your bill. Is it covering two months worth of service?
If you have not received a bill for the first month service, then yes, you have been billed for both months.
AT&T bills about one week into the month for the full current month, and the bill is due about a week before you the bill cycle ends. Essentially you are billed and the bill is due DURING your bill cycle.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Reference this thread:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-billing/being-billed-an-extra-70/5e40e6cf4d24af139131c7eb

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the Replies!! Customer Care did follow up from twitter and the charge was removed but it took 4 calls. Bottom line is I switched to a new plan on the day of a new billing cycle (FIRST DAY) they charged me for the entire month at my old rate and started my new rate at the same time .... after several calls someone actually saw when the plan was switched and agreed that it was a mistake on their in and gave me a refund.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.