Need help understanding your bill?
theidealcut's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 8th, 2017 3:29 AM

Don't have unlimited Texting? You may be in big trouble

I have 200 text a month plan on my AT&T account. I just found out that anyone in the world can spam me with texts and the AT&T system will count those texts against my monthly limit, EVEN WHEN I HAVE THE NUMBER BLOCKED and not physically getting the messages on my phone. AT&T can't do anything about it and their only solution is to upgrade my sms plan to unlimited. For all i know it could be AT&T spamming to get more money from me. I'm already paying you $200 a month for 2 lines, so my solution is to change my carrier and i'm going to do that this weekend.

This was my brief and detailed concern. Have a wonderful day

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

$200 a month for 2 lines? What plan are you on? Current plans are considerably cheaper than that and they all include unlimited talk and text.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Math... 2 lines of unlimited data,  $145, maximum phone installments $25 each, easily adds up to $200 a month.  @theidealcut  If that $200 is for service only, then you are on a bad plan.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 $25 isn't a max, $650 over 24 months is $27.09. Make it a plus and toss in some more storage and you're up to $35. But the question is, are they spending that much on phones and not on a larger texting plan.

But if they are on unlimited ($145) then they have unlimited texts.

The question is, even if we estimate $130 (or $120) for the plan, what plan do they have for that that much money that doesn't come with unlimited texting? 

@theidealcut That's got to be a pretty old plan to not have unlimited texting.

AT&T is NOT spamming you with extra texts to get a few extra dollars out of you. You could probably save money with a newer plan and unlimited texting.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

Are we assuming they will get new phones or use the ones they have? it would be considerably less to got with the unlimited plus plan and keep the existing phones

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Last month the bill with all the fees was $196. This month $181. We have two lines.

1. Nation 450 with rollover $39.99. DataPro 2GB $25. Pay per use texting (outgoing $.10, incoming $0.20, video $.30)

2. Nation 450 with rollover $39.99. Data unlimited (grandfathered) $40. Messaging (grandfathered) 200 a month for $5.

Within a week I have exhausted my 200 texts due to unwanted incoming texts. I had blocked the number and was not getting the texts, but found out the AT&T system still counts them towards my limit. So next month's bill is going to be much higher, but I'm thinking of switching carriers and canceling AT&T altogether (they will lose a lifelong customer, not that they care).

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

You really need to change plans. Unlimited talk text and data for 2 lines is $145. If the unlimited user doesn't use very much you could drop the bill further than that.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.