Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Help for account, billing & more
C
Cmlake85
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
The 5th element!

• 

10 Messages

Wed, Mar 31, 2021 7:57 PM

DONT BECOME AN AT&T CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT&T ran a promotion in September, get a free Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G w/ eligible trade-in. My wife, and I left T-Mobile, switch to AT&T. My first bill was insane, it was $500 after fees, and a bunch of other (Edited per community guidelines). I called customer service, they said that is was normal. After my second bill I noticed that we were being charged for the new Samsung phones. I contacted customer service, they said it takes 3-4 weeks. After my 5th bill,  I contacted customer service again. They tried to say that they'd never received my trade-in devices. I had to go to 2 different AT&T stores (both conveniently didn't have a manager on duty, even I had called, and confirmed that there was one, before driving to the second store), and had to call some trade in dept. that seems completely siloed from the rest of AT&T customer service. They confirmed that they had my phones, and provided 2 x "Process Item Numbers". I again called AT&T customer service, provided those numbers, and I was told that I would a(Edited per community guidelines)olutely be receiving the credits, and that a "claim" was going to be opened, and I would receive notifications... I got nothing. I called customer service again the young lady that I spoke with apologized, she said that she sees that we should be receiving the credits, but we aren't, and that she'd open a claim. I did receive a single notification this time, that a case had been opened, but crickets since. I am currently on the phone with customer service, trying to think of every possible angle to get this in front of as many people as possible. If you're thinking of switching AT&T, don't. It is clearly not their intention to assist their customers in any way. I am working on filing complaints with the FCC, Consumer Reports, and the BBB.

Cmlake85

• 

10 Messages

8 m ago

Was on hold for supervisor, transferred to another agent, without the previous agent them with any details, par for the course with AT&T customer service.

Cmlake85

• 

10 Messages

8 m ago

An hour on the phone wasted. Transferred a second time to the wrong person, this time to supervisor for their Home Internet offerings.....

The worst customer service in the history of customer service.

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.5K Messages

8 m ago

Promotions and discounts start after the 3rd billing from when they receive your trade ins 

Cmlake85

• 

10 Messages

8 m ago

It's been like 8, or 9 billing cycles.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

8 m ago

Just file a Better Business Bureau complaint online and AT&T will call you.

A lot of people mailed their phone into the wrong place, returning it in the box and with the label their new phone came in which is wrong.

Phones had to be sent to a third party called HYLA and a mailer with a label is sent to people about two weeks after they receive their new phone.  

Cmlake85

• 

10 Messages

8 m ago

Thanks for your reply Liz.

I'll do that if this isn't resolved soon, however in reply to your post.

1. we traded the phones in, in store.

2. AT&T has confirmed that they've received our phones at their trade-in center / dept.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.