Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Aug 6, 2018 9:54 PM

Does it matter when I change my plan?

I am in America and I have auto-renewal for a $45 plan with AT&T but it ends up being $40 because of autopay. I was looking at the types of plans available and noticed that there is a $50 plan that only costs $40 with autopay. That is the same amount of money that I’m paying right now. So I obviously want to switch plans. However, my current plan doesn’t renew until the 22nd. So my question is this: if I change plans, will my plan be renewed monthly on the day I change plans or on the 22nd? (The day I am writing this is the 6th).

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

2 years ago

No. When you change plans, your old plan terminates and you lose any remaining days and you will immediately be charged for the new plan and the new plan will start. You should wait until the last day of your current plan to make the change. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks!

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 years ago

@Snappoification There is a lot of problems with people paying and then autopay deducting again (search the forums).

I'm thinking that if I was doing it, I'd turn off autopay now and then when the plan runs out I'd add the new plan and turn autopay back on.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Good idea. Thanks
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@Snappoification There is a lot of problems with people paying and then autopay deducting again (search the forums).

I'm thinking that if I was doing it, I'd turn off autopay now and then when the plan runs out I'd add the new plan and turn autopay back on.

That may result in losing the autopay discount for one month. My belief is those who got double charged was because they made the change too late, after their plan renewed. However, since your autopay refills your account at least a day before the plan renews, there could be an issue when the plan change occurs after autopay has refilled your account. If you make the plan change before autopay refills your account, there should be no problem.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:
That may result in losing the autopay discount for one month. 

Much better than double-paying (and then wasting time calling).

Just playing the time-saving odds here.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

sandblaster, may I ask, pursuant to this statement, "That may result in losing the autopay discount for one month. My belief is those who got double charged was because they made the change too late, after their plan renewed. However, since your autopay refills your account at least a day before the plan renews, there could be an issue when the plan change occurs after autopay has refilled your account. If you make the plan change before autopay refills your account, there should be no problem.", when then is the OPTIMUM time to change one's plan, please--2 days before?  Just making sure I understand this well.  Cheers!

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

i have a prepaid AT&T, and its now on the 0,25$ plan. If i renew/change the plan today to the 50$ plan, when will that plan start and will it be renewed 30days later(if i don't change it again) or does it run till the 29th of this month?

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

i have a prepaid AT&T, and its now on the 0,25$ plan. If i renew/change the plan today to the 50$ plan, when will that plan start and will it be renewed 30days later(if i don't change it again) or does it run till the 29th of this month?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

Plan changes are effective immediately. If you are on autopay, yes it will renew 30 days later.

• 

3 Messages

thx, upgraded now and saw that its valid until the 15th of March

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…