Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
W

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 18th, 2021 6:56 PM

Discount Not for ALL Healthcare employees?

As a healthcare employee of 7 years (CPhT), I do not understand why nurses and doctors are the only healthcare workers who are able to receive discounts from AT&T. I have much respect for nurses and doctors, but to completely disregard every other cog that keeps the 24-hour machine called a hospital going seems rather odd to me. If there were no pharmacy techs, medication would never get mixed and sent for these Covid patients and for surgeries. If there was no custodial staff, these rooms that held Covid positive patients would never be cleaned. Disregarding my deep desire to save as much money as possible; the absence of any acknowledgement for anyone who is not a nurse or physician is unacceptable to me. Even if AT&T does not believe that other healthcare workers are to be held in the same tier of respect as nurses and physicians, which would be another argument for another day, I feel there should be some type of discount offered. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.9K Messages

2 years ago

@Vkril92  No argument that "healthcare workers" shouldn't get some sort of discount but following your point that should also include hospital Food Services, Housekeeping, etc because they too can have patient contact. I think the powers-that-be drew the line with physicians and nurses because they have direct contact due to some sort of physical medical intervention. My son is Clinical Pharmacist (PhD), makes more than a lot of nurses, and has lots of physical contact with patients under various medical emergencies but he doesn't qualify, or didn't at the time he inquired. Definitely not fair all around.

As far AT&T making the decision, which they are, it appears that they are just following what FirstNet does for whatever reason seems logical to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.