Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
S

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jul 11, 2020 2:21 AM

Disappointed in Service and Lack of Communication

When we set up our acct with ATT, the manager that set us up, set up a fraudulent acct and also ordered an IPad for herself using our acct. She also used a bogus address and email address so we cannot access our acct online. At this point we have not moved forward with a fraud charge but we have spoken to an attorney. Now we are having issues with our acct because ATT, during the initial COVID crisis allowed those of us who were having trouble paying to miss a few months. This was great but there has been no instructions during this crisis and now ATT is expecting full payment. How is that possible? It looked great when you were doing the right thing for those of us who had financial problems but now expect total due or service is turned off. We are doing our best to make payments, even paying more each month to catch up, but what good does it do is if we have no access to phones. It would have been great to have a plan in place before everything was due. I called customer service in May to find out what the plan was and they couldn’t even tell me. The young lady i spoke to told me that she hadn’t been informed yet. Please help. My wife is on the kidney transplant list and without a phone, the hospital cannot contact us. My number is (615) 294-5799. Please call me and discuss. We can’t be the only family having this issue.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

a month ago

This is a public forum of other customers. You must now be diligent against scam calls since you gave your phone number to the world.

Anyway, you call them, they don't call you upon request like most other companies. Contact their Fraud Management department to start getting this sorted out.

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1159583/

(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

a month ago

You don't need an attorney, you do need to contact the fraud Departments of AT&T, and file an FCC complaint. I don't know where you signed up or who you signed up with but this is not the sort of behavior that AT&T allows and is a fireable offense. I suspect you dealt with an authorized retailer. An authorized retailer may look like an AT&T store but is not owned by AT&T. If you look at the front of the store it will probably say authorized retailer right on the door. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

As to the issue of being expected to pay in full;    this is the same issue everyone is having with all carriers or services. Yes, after June 30th they all are expecting payment in full. 

You may or may not be able to make payment arrangements to extend your balance and keep services on because AT&T payment arrangements typically are limited.

This really can't be that much of a surprise. The expectation is that people should have by now received unemployment and a stimulus check which can be used for keeping necessary Services paid for. I had no choice but to pay every month because the prospect of having to pay $600 or more in July was not going to improve my situation

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question