For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Vickie1967's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2017 12:33 AM

Detailed Billing with content of text messages

Does anyone know how to request copies of text messages on your phones

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Not possible. ATT does not save text content. It is not possible to get copies of text messages on your bill. Your bill only contains a record of time, date, and number for each text.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I understand that. But I do know you can request copies of text messages for legal, fraud, misuse, ect. I have an address for written correspondence but I didn't know if their was an email address with a request form on it to speed up the request.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You can request anything but ATT can't provide what they don't have. ATT does not save text content and even a subpoena from a judge can't change that.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I read this on terms and agreements. I'm not gonna argue. It did not show any type of request form. That's all I'm asking about. I know AT&T does not keep the information themselves but they do have a I guess a 3rd party that  does that. Thanks for your reply

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Clearly you don't believe me but there is nothing to argue about. ATT does not retain text content unless you are signed up for ATT Messages Backup & Sync. There is no third party to get messages from.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do you know this for sure? I spoke to them today and they said they can provide all content of messages that have been sent if a subpoena is provided to them. Everything I've read says different though. Just curious....

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Rn2005sc If somebody actually told you that, they were wrong. Perhaps they thought you were asking about the text record (date, time, etc), not the text content. I don't know how to prove it to you, though, but I do know ATT does not save text content. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

can i get a detail bill of the number that was called in and out the time the calls was made and the dates the calls was made and the minutes of how long the calls were 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.