Help for account, billing & more
Rpanor's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jul 27, 2019 1:08 AM

Deceptive and misleading BOGO

I purchased four new phones on Black Friday after receiving a promotional offer as a directv customer to sign up for ATT wireless switching from Verizon. Prior to purchasing phones I used the chat feature on ATT to confirm the offer was valid and that the offer would be honored at other retailers. The chat agent confirmed and phones were l

purchased. Chat documentation saved.

The day day after I purchased the phones I confirmed a second time bogo would be applied and again this was confirmed. Chat documentation saved.

when the credit did not hit after three moths I called and ATT again confirmed the bogo errors were corrected and credit would start. This repeated for another four months. Finally after eight months ATT confirms after providing chat transcripts the bogo issue was resolved yet again no credit.

Finally today ATT states the BOGO will not be honored even after their chat agent provided incorrect information and no where in the ATT wireless add does it state phones must be purchased from ATT direct stores and not authorized retailers.

ATT will now lose a four phone account and three directv accounts because of their illegal definitive advertising and misleading customer service. FTC complaints will also be filed for advertising fraud. All of this could have been resolved with the simple owning of a mistake. Loosing these accounts far exceeds the cost of the bogo deal.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

3年前

The deal at that time didn’t mention TV service.

I don’t know where you shopped, but did that store advertise the BOGO sale?  

Authorized retailers are not owned by AT&T, but usually offer the same deal, as the deal is from At&t, not the retailer.  

Now if you bought elsewhere, they often have their own deal.  Like Target, Walmart and Best Buy offer big gift cards, but you don’t get a BOGO, you get a fat gift card for $300 - $500.  

Read the deal here:

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/landingpage/offers/Wireless-BOGO-Offer-2018.pdf

we recommend a BBB complaint as it’s worked well in the past when customers did qualify.  And unless you left something out, it looks like you did.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.