For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
oif_veteran's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 9:40 PM

Debt collection Issue (please help)

I had a bad divorce a few years back and got stuck with a debt from att of 218 dollars. I payed the debt and the represenative said they would remove it from my credit report. Well a few years have passed since that and I go to get a home loan and I have a remark on my report that is in collections for 218 dollars from AFNI INC on behalf of att. I need a rep to contact me to get this resolved. My email is [Edited for privacy.]. I currently have att wireless service and enjoy it. I'm getting a VA loan since I'm a veteran so really need this resolved.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

A public post like this doesnt usually instigate direct contact

Please send a private message by clicking here, The social media managers should help you research that.

Personally, I would think it boils down to 3 things.

A), the payment didn't register proprly on your account, in which case, you will need you bank info to provide it came out and it should be in AT&T's systems

B) the payment failed or reversed, which you'll need to prove to yourself with the same things

C) AT&T's financial partner didn't properly report it (AT&T doesnt direct report to credit companies), in which case AT&T will send a stern letter asking them to do so,

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.