For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
K

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, May 28th, 2020 10:57 PM

Data plan changes without consent

To start off I’m beyond frustrated at this point. I’ve been speaking to AT&T customer service the majority of the day and feel as though nothing really has been accomplished.

I never write bad reviews or ask for managers or even complain about service but this time, I have to. During my phone call today with Brianna, I asked to have a supervisor or management call me back and she assured me that someone would call me back by the end of the day. I’ve yet to receive a phone call back. After adding this Apple Watch to my plan, my data plan price jumped from $55 a month to $125 a month because I have a grandfathered plan. I never once asked for that type of increase in my bill. I was assured it would only increase by the installment of the watch. I spoke with Breeann and she assured me she would fix my plan, and sent me a quote showing that I would have my plan back at $55 a month. It truly isn’t about the money, although I would like to save as much as possible but it was about the misinformation and my plan being changed without my consent so that the company can pocket more money. Ultimately, that is what it comes down to. My base plan is now $85 a month which is much better than $125 however it should have never changed in the first place without my consent. Apparently this grandfathered plan that they no longer offer was costing the company too much money, so when I added a new line for the Apple Watch, that was reason enough to change my plan. I was continuously told that they could not reinstate my previous plan. However, when I spoke to Breeann, she of course had access to change it back to the unlimited premium plan that I had for $55 a month, and even sent me a quote by email showing that my watch and phone were both on my account and that my data plan was in fact $55 a month. So truly, it is possible to make these changes. AT&T just doesn’t want to do so, to do right by the people that pay them monthly.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

grandfathered plans can’t be reinstated once changed call backs are non existent right now due to increased call volumes and a skeleton crew

• 

4 Messages

@Constructive, Yes I am aware that I’ve been told it cannot be reinstated. Like I said in my post, someone that I spoke to did reinstate the plan and advised me it was fixed. The ultimate issue here is that I never consented to my plan being changed. If the plan was no longer offered, then I should’ve been notified once the plan was discontinued and I should’ve been given a plan at equal value at no additional cost.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

If you have the 2007, legacy unlimited plan, the plans arent structured like current plans. the individual data plan of $40 per device, plus line access, prices a watch out of reason.

You may have to choose between your plan, and the watch (or big bill)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.