Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
Th3used187's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 8:50 PM

Damaged phone charge

When looking through the forum this seems like a reoccurring problem. It’s giving scam to be honest.

I upgraded my phone and was told that if I send in my old phone I would get a rebate/discount whatever. I’m pretty sure it was $1,000.00 off. So I would only owe something like $500 on the phone. I told the man that the back of my old phone was cracked pretty bad. He ASSURED me that as long as the screen was not cracked it would be fine and I would get the discount. I told him it was only the back that was cracked. About a month later I see a $337 damaged phone charge on my bill. Of course when I call and try to get answers no one can help me, it’s not their department, they have nothing to do with that it’s an outside company, you know the usual. I am so beyond frustrated at this point.

ACE - Master

• 

11K Messages

2 months ago

This sounds like a Next Up upgrade, not a trade in for credit promotion.  The promotion for $1000 in bill credits requires that the trade in be fully paid.  The only way they would charge you for a damaged returned phone is if it was a Next Up return, which simply forgives any remaining balance and requires that the returned phone be in excellent shape.  If you had sent in a fully paid off phone as a trade, they simply wouldn’t have given you anything in trade in value, not charged you money.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.