Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
dobrac's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 9:53 PM

Customer Service

I paid my last bill on a different debit card than normal and recieved confirmation.  Only to find out that AT&T did not process the bill as I entered it and charged my regular account.  Of course this caused an overdraft of $35 which I know I will never get reimbursed for.  Contacted customer service on 11-3-14 to resolve the matter.  Was advised they would take care of the account by 11-12-14.  I learned today that they reversed the payment, but it will take 1-3 business days to show in my account.  Then they failed to pay the bill with the card information I provided...and proceeded to DELETE my regular bankdraft account with NO explanation of why or how it happened.  So the payment was finally paid today, I am out $35 for overdraft fees and I have to re-enter my bank account information for my next payment.  Essentially, thanks for nothing AT&T...I have not recieved customer service like this for years!  Anyone else?  For your sake I hope not!

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T wireless customer service is ridiculous.  I have been an AT&T wireless customer for over 15 years and they say they cannot help me.  I paid my bill with a checking account on Oct 11, 2014.  on Oct 15 I recieved notification from my bank that there was not enough funds to cover the payment.  I immediately went online and made the payment using a credit/debit card thinking this would cover the returned check.  I also contacted AT&T to let them know so they would not try to process the check again.  Long story short, they ran the check through 3 times resulting in my bank charging me the returned check fee all three times.  this after i contacted them three times asking them not to.  Then on Nov 7, they automatically used my bank account information to pay my Nov bill, with out my permission.  Finally, they tell me that the payment made by debit card was returned not paid.  I asked how can this be when debits are deducted right away.  I even contacted American Express Serve and they gave me an authorization code, proving the payment was made, but AT&T refuses to return my payment.  I am about to switch carriers aftr 15 years because i don't want to deal with these people anymore!  I used to recommend AT&T to my friends, but from now on i will steer them away from this company.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @dobrac and @davissd56 

I'm sorry to hear about your payment issues and all the frustration they've caused. Our Social Media Care team will be happy to help you with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question