Need help understanding your bill?
dentdispleased's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 4:22 PM

Customer Service is sorely lacking

This is my first post on this community and I found it interesting there isn't a category for home phone.  I cannot get U-verse at my current location so am posting here.  Postmaster, please move if there is a better location suited for my rant.

I was recently charged $13.03 for contacting AT&T to correct the spelling of my last name.  Not only was this completely an error on the person taking the order, but then they had the audacity to charge me for it.  AND this was not the first, not the second but the third time I had to call to get it corrected.  I requested a US-based call center because the first two India-based customer service reps, didn't correct it properly.

Jonathan was no better today.  At the outset of the call I explained I had NOT changed the service only called twice previously to get my name corrected.  He confirmed the charge was for that "service" and actually had the nerve (or stupidity) to ask why I called.  Are you kidding me?!  I escalated to his supervisor, of course, and after 25 minutes on the phone, he "says" it will be fixed on the next bill.  I'm sure that will be another phone call or two.

This is not uncommon.  The first order for service was lost which I discovered based on the no-show of the installer.  After three hours on the phone,  I placed another order only to have that install also be a no-show.  More time and extreme frustration until finally it got installed one week AFTER the initial scheduled date.  Apparently, 3 times is their magic number.  Most companies send corresponce confirming appointments and changes.  No... Not AT&T. So many wasted hours on the phone and waiting for installers, I lost count.

The installers weren't much better.  They cut my neighbors gas line and had to stop to call Miss Dig.  Once installed, they only put in temporary cable and didn't bury it.  I had to call again, to get the line buried.  Only two calls that time.

In addition, I had cancelled U-verse from my old location and was told I would get an email instructing me how to mail back the equipment via UPS.  THAT never came either.  I'm not sure they know how to use email.  I stopped in a UPS store and, thankfully, the UPS clerk could find my account and send.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a nasty-gram that they want their $7,000 equipment back or they'll sue me.  Luckily, I keep receipts.

This has been a fiasco of EPIC proportions. A collosal waste of time and, were there another option, it couldn't be worse than this one.  I thought Comcast took the cake.  We have a new winner!

Displeased is an understatement.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, dentdispleased!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experiences. If there is anything we can do to remedy the situation, please click here to let us know via private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Dear Marianna-

Unbelieveable. ?The rep indicated the credit would be on this statement and, big surprise, it is not. ?Please tell me what needs to happen to not be charged for a mistake you guys made.

Judi[Edited for privacy.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.