Help for account, billing & more
M

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:18 PM

Credits Not Applied to Account Five Months Later

I'm not really sure what to do here at this point, I'm hoping maybe I can get some direction here. 

In January of 2021, AT&T was running a promotion that you could get $700 off the value of a new iPhone when trading in an eligible device. I spoke to two chat reps and two phone reps who verified I qualified for the promotion and told me my phone bill would go down by $30 a month. Processed the trade-in, got my phone, and was told to wait 3 billing cycles for the credits to reflect. 

April bill comes around where the credit isn't there, called and spoke to a tier-one rep who was terrible. She yelled at me saying I didn't qualify and that was on me for thinking that. Spoke to someone in Loyalty who tried to tell me I had to pay $250 (??) but hey it would be refunded when my credits were applied. A supervisor fixed this, said my case was approved and I needed to wait another 3 billing cycles. 

July rolls around, and credit still isn't there, I am being told to yet again wait until September. I've spent 3+ hours on the phone with possibly the nastiest representatives I've ever spoken to. A guy full on yelled at me in tier one and told me this was my fault, if the credit was supposed to be there it would have been already, the supervisor in loyalty told me to wait or go to T-Mobile since they were willing to help me. The sales rep told me in store I could turn the phone in whenever and everything would be cancelled, which apparently was a lie too. I have been overpaying for months now, I can't get any help, and just get shrugged at every time I call. I'm at a loss here, and truly don't want to have to wait out the length of this phone payment plan. I would have just kept my phone that worked just fine before if I had known how awful this was going to be. 

Any recommendations or ways to speak to someone above a supervisor? I've worked in call centers and know the Better Business Bureu doesn't do anything but maybe that's worth a try at this point. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.6K Messages

6 m ago

The BBB will refer a problem report to AT&T.  AT&T will then contact you.  If you are within the terms of the agreement, the escalation department that contacts you should be able to get you fixed up.  If for some reason you are not qualified for the promotion, they may not be able to help you other than to explain clearly how you fail to qualify.

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

@JefferMC that's really good to know. I have been assured by two supervisors, three loyalty reps, four salespeople I did in fact qualify it just was a "system issue." The most insight I've been given so far is that my device was never appraised when it was received by the warehouse and that had been the hold-up. At this point, I don't know who to believe, and the customer service I've received has been abysmal. 

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

Just to give an update on this situation, I don't often see resolutions posted. 

I did file a BBB complaint and received a phone call today from the Office of the President. She was awesome, super helpful. Apparently, I should not have been offered the promo, to begin with, because I had a balance on my old device, but she said she wasn't going to hold me accountable for that. When I brought my device to the store to process the trade-in my phone number was keyed wrong. 

All of the cases I had been told were entered had not been except from my original call in April. That request is set to expire July 28th, nothing can be done before that, but she assured me the promo would be applied to my account. 

The short version is if you are being given the run around the BBB complaint will get results and quickly. I wish that regular customer service was equally as helpful as she was, I was told absolutely none of this prior to my conversation with her. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.