For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cgibbs4's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 23rd, 2015 7:38 PM

Continuing Collections

Long story made short. I left AT&T in 2010 and suddenly in January I received collection bills from TWO collection companies for the same bill. I paid one and the other reported me to the credit bureau dropping my score 25 points just as I am trying to secure a home loan. I've contacted both companies and it is still sitting on my credit. I need this taken care of ASAP!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @Cgibbs4  thanks for posting your concerns.

When we attempt to collect on a past due debt, and that collection is unsuccessful, we sell existing write-off accounts with balances to a debt buyer; we no longer own or attempt collection. At this point, you’ll want to contact the agency who reported it to the credit bureau to help you clear it.

Thanks

Charise

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

In my opinion, this answer is unacceptable. If AT&T indeed sold the account to two different collection agencies, why is AT&T not responsible for helping the OP get this straightened out?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

They've done the same thing to me. I thought I had this cleared up, but now I have another collection agency calling . Also, when I called AT&T, their "award-winning" customer service people put me on hold then hung up on me.

This is competely unacceptable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.