Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
NancyInTexas7's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2022 5:16 AM

Consumer Beware: Unauthorized AT&T Next Up Fee is Automatically Added to Bill

I recently upgraded a phone in my account at the local AT&T store. I stated that I did not want the AT&T Next Up (SM) option because in a previous upgrade experience (in store as well), it was automatically added without my consent. This time, I made it very, VERY clear that I did not care for that feature and the representative assured me that it would not be added. I just received my bill and I have an "AT&T Next Up" charge for $6.00.

I know it's easily reversible, but I find it shameful that AT&T sneaks in this charge without the consumer's consent. On my previous upgrade, about 6 months went by until I looked at my ebill because I had no reason to ever believe that AT&T would add an unauthorized service to my account.

AT&T, why did this happen to me again?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

3 months ago

The easiest thing to do is to not purchase your phone from the carrier. We never do. Just purchase it from the mfr unlocked with no worries about locking, extra or "hidden" charges, etc. Easy peasy. 

(edited)

1 Message

1 month ago

This happened to me also!!  This is the second time I have had charges added on when I specifically stated I did not want them.  This was done at

a corporate store in Austin, Texas.  What a scam!!!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@Mcbethany59  That’s why you check your bill/receipt, which you should be doing anyway, to see what you are being charged for. If Asurion insurance and NextUp is there you can cancel if you pay attention to the cancellation policy. 

Apparently it is policy of AT&T to add the easily cancelable options. It’s probably automatically generated in which case the salesperson can’t override the system.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.