Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
pripa_89's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 9, 2014 8:41 PM

Complaint - billing

Hi, I contacted AT&T over the phone on Feb 02 when I learned they had a promotion going on for family plans that are on 10GB or more share plan for $160 for 4 lines. I spoke with a rep (I have name and ID #s of everyone I spoke with) who upgraded the account so my bill will be no more $135 with my corporate discount. Then I asked how much it would be to add another line and he told me it would be additional $15 and said there wouldn’t be any extras and the total with the new line would be around $155. So I added a line and ordered my phone over the phone. I received it on February 06 so that is when I called AT&T and got my phone activated thru the automated system. My bill since I updated has been around $270 every month. I called several times and the rep told me they would update to reflect $15 instead of $40 and there were other extra charges they promised me they would remove. But every month, I would end up with extra charges. I called and spoke with a manager who told me she can cancel that line for me, but cannot give me that line for $15 so I said fine cancel it, but make sure I do not get charge for the early termination fee. She cancelled and told me I would have to pay about $500 for early termination. I told her I would not pay for it because it was not my fault that their rep did not tell me that the phone line would be $40. She transferred me to General Manager Eric who was extremely rude and kept repeating himself that I signed a contract with AT&T. I told him there is no paperwork or recorded line where I signed the contract for $40 and also I did not want to cancel the line if I have to pay about $500 for early termination. He said the special promotion ended on Feb 03 and I should’ve known. I don’t understand how I am responsible of knowing that when their rep quoted me the price of $15. Anyways, he promised me he would listen to the recorded call between the rep and I on Feb 02 within 3 days. It has been over 3 weeks but no one has returned my calls. I am very frustrated and do not want to call back because it takes away over 2 hours of my time and it is waste of energy to get transferred around. I know T-Mobil pays for early termination fees for AT&T customers so I will switching over but the only pay for up to $250 so I want to get refunded for the $500 somehow. But importantly I want my voice to be heard so everyone know what they will be dealing with. I have been with AT&T for over 6 years, but mostly disappointed with the customer service.

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello, pripa_89!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your new Mobile Share plan. We would hate to see you go, so please click here to send us a private message so we can find an acceptable resolution. 

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. 

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. 

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I did send a message and I am hoping someone will call me back with a solution.

Thank you
johncoby

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

7 y ago

I would be interested in the response. All I got was excuses from ATT customer support. "They should have told you about the plan when you upgraded your phone". Incredible deception.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.