Need help understanding your bill?
itisjolley's profile

1 Message

Monday, March 4th, 2024 11:39 PM

Compensation for AT&T Support Screwing Up

6 days ago, AT&T phone support screwed up a number port-in from T-Mobile. 

Instead of replacing the temp number on my new phone, they replaced my Apple Watch number and ported the number onto said watch. The rep said they submitted a ticket and I would hear back in a day.

I called back the next day, found out there was no ticket submitted, talked to a couple more reps who said they'd have to reverse the number port and then re-port it. I asked to speak to a supe, they said they'd call me back. Never did.

Next day, same deal - called another rep, spoke about getting it fixed, they said they'd submit a ticket and have a supe call me back to discuss. Never got a call back. Ticket did not get submitted until yesterday.

This morning I got a call saying I need to go to an AT&T store, "return" my watch, and then transfer the number to my other phone line. I went to a store, they said "there's no way we can do that," and called the support line to discuss. They submitted another ticket.

Today is day 6 without this phone number being active. Work calls, work texts, client calls and texts - all of it going into the void without any way for me to retrieve them. I lost potentially thousands of dollars because of a simple screw-up from AT&T (not to mention the 10+ hours I spent on-call, in-store, and over chat with support).

I just got off the line with the Loyalty department after the number finally got fixed. They credited me a measly $50 for the trouble I went through. Thousands of dollars lost, 10+ hours wasted, and they gave me $50 freaking dollars. 

My question is: who else can I talk to about getting compensated more for this? Do I have to resort to hiring an attorney or is there a different department that can do right by me as a loyal customer with 4 lines? Or does AT&T really care that little about paying customers that they can't admit their mistake and make it right?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 months ago

From the TERMS OF SERVICE

To the greatest extent permitted by law, AT&T is not liable for any reason to you, or any user or beneficiary of AT&T Services, for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, treble, punitive, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for personal injury; property damage; or loss of revenue, profits, business, goodwill, use, data, or other tangible or intangible losses

(edited)

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 months ago

You can try filing a notice of dispute on AT&T’s website, or filing a BBB complaint.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

Too bad you did drop in here 6 days ago. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.