Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 11:31 AM

Combined Bill Nighmare

I never asked for a combined bill for my residential phone line and wireless service. And multiple times, it's created a nightmare when dealing with the wireless service, but nothing like this week. On Tuesday, I attempted to pay off one wireless phone under an installment plan so that we could then unlock the device before my college kid travels out of the country for 5 months and is required to have a local phone #. I spent 5 hours on the phone Tuesday, and was even sent to a retail store. No one could handle this. I have subsequently spoken to almost every department in AT&T - no resolution. I have a Urgent Case ID which was to be resolved in 48 hours. It was not.

The only resolution offered so far is to break the bills apart so I can pay the phone off. And that takes two billing cycles -- two months.

If anyone has a solution for who to call, I am all ears. Beyond frustrated with AT&T. This is just really poor customer service. My college kid leaves tonight for his studies -- and I do not have this fixed!

Thanks

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

a month ago

Escalate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. That will get you a response from corporate. No guarantee they will fix it any faster, though. Combined billing has been a mess since it’s inception.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

Wish you had asked sooner.
It's unlikely this will be resolved in the next few hours.

With a couple weeks planning ahead, yes, but 1 day, no.

I would suggest that your youngster purchase an inexpensive phone at his destination and buy local service. Other countries have cheap prepaid phones too.

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thanks. I am well aware of how we CAN solve this by purchasing a new phone in country. Just seems ridiculous I have to go spend more money to fix something AT&T should be able to do with a phone call. I seriously wonder if by stating my ultimate goal was to unlock the phone I have stopped anyone at Att being willing to help.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

@gleesc01 nope, its combined billing. it woukd also prevent upgrades and activating new phones.

You might transfer wireless into spouses name. Or switch carriers. At&t needs a wake up call

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I told agree with you. I'm having problem with them also. They cancel my wiresless service which I lost both of my wireless phone.