Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

 • 

3 Messages

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 6:40 PM

Check your bill! ATT SCAMMING CUSTOMERS

AT&T is trying to SCAM its customers!!! CHECK YOUR BILL!!!!! They are trying to get me to pay for wireless cell service that I cancelled in APRIL!!!
when I called last month to resolve issue with a manager they said that was a mistake that it was a zero balance! NOW I get a bill for the same charge saying my bill is LATE and NOW I OWE $731.85 for a COMBINED BILL of ONE SERVICE - INTERNET!!!!????? I'm being transferred from dept. To dept and NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO!!!!
I NEED ANOTHER INTERNET PPROVIDER!!!! Any recommendations please!!!
BTW ON phone WITH ATT FOR 2 HOURS WHILE BEING TRANSFERRED from dept to dept!!!!  FINALLY they tell me someone will call me back!!! STILL WAITING!!!! WHERES FINNEY ON MY SIDE,???

Responses

Tutor

 • 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Screenshot_20180630-091300_myAT&T.jpg

 

Photo_1530379589963.png

 

 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

 • 

35.5K Messages

2 years ago

One should always check their bill, for sure, but there is no scam. Whatever billing issue you are having is your account only. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

 • 

1 Message

2 years ago

At&t is definitely scamming customers and making many billing mistakes and not addressing the problem or fixing it. Their customer service is fake and a scam in itself. I’ve been dealing with them for 14 years. Many things have changed with them and they are not a honorable or ethical company. It’s absurd the things they get away with. 

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am experiencing same issue exactly!!!!!! I can’t get anyone to explain these charges no one will put their manager on the phone and I too was on the phone for 2 hours!!!!

 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

 • 

71.6K Messages

2 years ago


@Andrene85 wrote:

I am experiencing same issue exactly!!!!!! I can’t get anyone to explain these charges no one will put their manager on the phone and I too was on the phone for 2 hours!!!!

 


What charges?  Your bill is itemized.  What about the itemized bill is not understood?   If you post screen shots please EXCLUDE any personal information.  

 

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I have a 2 year contract that began last month I switched from Uverse to Direct tv. My services should’ve been bundled for my internet and TV service. This bundle does not appear on my bill, the services were billed separately at the full amount . None of the bill credits and activation fees that should’ve been waived also have not been applied to my account. This is the second month that my bill is out of whack. My bill should not be more than $320 for all 3 services combined. 

 

My packages:

 

TV and Internet:

I have the directtv choice plan with HBO. HBO should be free because I have unlimted internet on my cellphone, but I'm still being charged for it.

I have 1 reciver.

NO extra movie or sports channels.

I have the internet 1000 package

 

Wireless:

I have the unlimited Choice multiLine with 3 devices.

I have an iphone 8 wich should be free but I'm also getting charged for this everymonth.

An Iphone X which is $38 per month

and and Ipad

 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

 • 

8.7K Messages

2 years ago


@Andrene85 wrote:

I have a 2 year contract that began last month I switched from Uverse to Direct tv. My services should’ve been bundled for my internet and TV service. This bundle does not appear on my bill, the services were billed separately at the full amount . None of the bill credits and activation fees that should’ve been waived also have not been applied to my account. This is the second month that my bill is out of whack. My bill should not be more than $320 for all 3 services combined. 

 

My packages:

 

TV and Internet:

I have the directtv choice plan with HBO. HBO should be free because I have unlimted internet on my cellphone, but I'm still being charged for it.

I have 1 reciver.

NO extra movie or sports channels.

I have the internet 1000 package

 

Wireless:

I have the unlimited Choice multiLine with 3 devices.

I have an iphone 8 wich should be free but I'm also getting charged for this everymonth.

An Iphone X which is $38 per month

and and Ipad

 


You'll have to ask on the TV or Internet forums about that bill. 

 

You didn't tell what you don't understand about your wireless bill. The only thing I can say is that free devices are charged every month but there is a credit on the bill to offset it. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Our issue is different but just as shady. So we had ATT with Direct TV for several years. We finally decided to cancle our DIRECT TV on 7/16/2018. We made sure to cancel before the next cycle started. This month we got a bill for over 500.00. We called and were told that ATT pays Direct TV 2 months in advance. So, since ATT had already paid August and September in advance for us to have cable bundled with our WiFi and home phone, we had to reimburse someone (still don't 100% understand)for the two months. I  reply, "So, you are telling me I have to pay for 2 months over cable and phone service even though I cancled both services and will not have the services for the 2 months that were paid in advance, I still have to reimburse ATT. I got a bill from Direct TV today telling me I have a zero balance with them now. I get a bill from ATT saying I owe over 500.00 . I told my husband he has to fight this because this is not right. And he told me to look it up and see if there are others or if this is an isolated scenario.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

 • 

71.6K Messages

2 years ago

@e_wollitz

That makes no sense.  File a BBB complaint. 

 

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

 • 

8.7K Messages

2 years ago


@e_wollitz wrote:

Our issue is different but just as shady. So we had ATT with Direct TV for several years. We finally decided to cancle our DIRECT TV on 7/16/2018. We made sure to cancel before the next cycle started. This month we got a bill for over 500.00. We called and were told that ATT pays Direct TV 2 months in advance. So, since ATT had already paid August and September in advance for us to have cable bundled with our WiFi and home phone, we had to reimburse someone (still don't 100% understand)for the two months. I  reply, "So, you are telling me I have to pay for 2 months over cable and phone service even though I cancled both services and will not have the services for the 2 months that were paid in advance, I still have to reimburse ATT. I got a bill from Direct TV today telling me I have a zero balance with them now. I get a bill from ATT saying I owe over 500.00 . I told my husband he has to fight this because this is not right. And he told me to look it up and see if there are others or if this is an isolated scenario.


Ignore the bill directly from Direct TV. You have a zero balance with DTV because you have combined billing. 

 

Looking at your combined bill, then. Look at the cycle dates specifically for DTV. They will likely be different from the dates at the top of your bill. I'm not sure where they got the pay in advance/reimbursement stuff from. 

 

Next, look at what makes up the $500. Specifically, what makes up that $500 that was not on prior bills. 

 

If you let us know that information, we can probably give a little more assistance. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

 • 

35.5K Messages

2 years ago

@e_wollitz What you were told was baloney but if you have your Directv bill combined with other services, combined billing has their own issues. Now if you had a 2 year contract on Directv and did not finish the contract, that could be the termination fee. Bottom line, if you have been billed for service after that service was cancelled, that is wrong and is fixable. You may need to file an FCC complaint to reach someone able to fix it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster I am 100% positive that we were not under contract at the time of cancelation. I will look into filing an FCC complaint. Thank you!

 

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

a year ago

I also thought the same and told the Customer Care rep that AT&T is trying to scam the customers. I had disabled the International Calling option on my cell phone as sometimes I make the calls directly from the phone instead of an app that charges minimal to make international calls. It was all fine till July 2018. But in my August Bill I see International Calling Charges of $136 ($179 including taxes )and so call the Customer Care about this. They agree that it happened due to some issue on their end and promise to refund the money in few days. No update/refund after a week, so call them back and they say they are still checking it. Called several times and yesterday they say that the Credit was denied and since I am their loyal Customer they can give a discount of $50 and made it $129 ($179-$50). Apparently there is 2 ways to make international calls and when I asked them to disable it they disabled only one and kept the other one active. How does a customer know the technical details and that there are more than one way International calls can be  made, its the responsibility of the AT&T customer care agent to block all the ways when we say block the international calls, not do half & half. (Its just like going to a Tailor to alter the pants and when u get it done you see that he altered only one leg and later tells the you that you should have said to alter both legs). This seems to be a new way AT&T is getting customers to pay more. Was planning to add a new line this month for my daughter, but will switch to TMobile.

 

Below is some screen shots from the chat with different reps in AT&T on 10/18/2018. All gave different information and had no idea what was happening:

ATT1.jpgATT2.jpgATT3.jpgATT4.jpgATT5.jpgATT6.jpgATT7.jpgATT8.jpg

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

 • 

71.6K Messages

a year ago

@my_apple2018

The rep is wrong.  You are never charged for incoming calls as long as you are not also roaming.  If you were in the USA, the call is only a cost on the caller, not you.  

File an FCC complaint and send a letter of dispute:

IF YOU DISPUTE ANY CHARGES ON YOUR BILL, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING AT AT&T BILL DISPUTE, 1025 LENOX PARK, ATLANTA, GA 30319 WITHIN 100 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THE BILL OR YOU'LL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY LEGAL ACTION RAISING SUCH DISPUTE.

 

RE WhatsApp:   It’s veen well publisized by WhatsApp that calls are routed over cellular and will be charged by the carrier.  

RE Wifi calling:  I don’t recall exactly, but Wifi calling didn’t enable on the first capable phone, iPhone 6, until 2015.  So something is off about that.

 

 

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

a year ago

As soon as I can get ride of them I will! I suggest you do the same.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…