Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
cheatedbyatandt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Cheated by ATT

I was cheated by att. When I singed up for the insurance they told me that there is no deductable and you just come and swap the phone.

When my phone went bad, they replaced me with new phone and charged me $199/- as deductable. For $199/-, I can as well get a new phone. When I called the insurance and asked about $199/-, the manager was very rude and do not want to listed to me. She is not bothering what their people told me to opt for insurance plan and she is supporting them. Does any one has the same experience?

I will be leaving the att for their cheating.

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 years ago

For $!99, you cannot get another phone unless you are upgrade eligible. You will have to pay full, unsubsidized price for the phone. Depending on model, it could cost as much as $799. If you purchased insurance, they should have provided you with an insurance pamphlet that layed out all costs. The rep should have known better.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
neo979

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

6 years ago

I'm sorry but the real problem here is simply that you bought a warranty without reading it. If it says there is a deductible, you could've noticed this from the beginning. If it says there is no deductible, then they can't charge you one.

jane697

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

6 years ago

@neo979 wrote:

I'm sorry but the real problem here is simply that you bought a warranty without reading it. If it says there is a deductible, you could've noticed this from the beginning. If it says there is no deductible, then they can't charge you one.

Yes it is always important to read the terms of the contract...but wow, you don't see a problem that the OP was misinformed--if not lied to?  Would you do business with someone who offers misleading information to you?

Get started...

Ask a new question