Need help understanding your bill?
RobCorley's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 6th, 2021 10:30 PM

Charging for DirecTV cellular data usage?

Is anyone else being charged for DirecTV cellular data usage?  This is the second time they’ve done this. Last month they charged me $30 for data overage - when I called to complain, they told me DirecTV is still data-free but changed my plan to increase my data. 

I’m filing a complaint with FTC and FCC - this is fraud.  The only reason I’ve stayed with AT&T’s wireless is the cellular data-free DirecTV, but I’m dropping both as soon as I get Starlink. I don’t have cell coverage where I live - I live deep in the Rockies and only use cellular data for directv for the drive back and forth from Denver.

Courtesy Message - So far, you've used 75% of your 4GB of data for this billing period.

If all of the data is used before 11/22/2021, your data service won't be interrupted. We'll automatically add 2GB for $10.

Keeping track of the data used on your mobile () is easy. Here are some tools to track data use and manage your account:

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

You were told wrong. Directv cellular usage is not data free. ATT ended all sponsored data months ago after California passed a law that made it illegal.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

2 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.