Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 24, 2017 9:34 PM

Charges for International Voice Calls and Facetime Calls

Country of residency: USA

Both iPhones are registered in the US, with one currently in South Korea.

Is a charge applied if a voice call is initiated from the US, but not picked up overseas?

Is a charge applied if a Facetime call is initiated from the US, but not picked up overseas?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

2 years ago

@VonMiller05 wrote:

Country of residency: USA

Both iPhones are registered in the US, with one currently in South Korea.

Is a charge applied if a voice call is initiated from the US, but not picked up overseas? Normally no but it is possible. It depends on the foreign carrier and whether or not they charge any minutes. I have had unanswered calls charge a minute.

Is a charge applied if a Facetime call is initiated from the US, but not picked up overseas? No, there are no charges for FaceTime whether answered or not. At most, it would use cellular data so there could be data charges if cellular data is turned on.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Would you be charged for International FaceTime call if it’s International using free WiFi and the cellular data is turned off?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

9 months ago

@Flmommy wrote:

Would you be charged for International FaceTime call if it’s International using free WiFi and the cellular data is turned off?

No.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…