Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
D

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Sep 20, 2020 5:12 PM

Charged full price for replacement device even tho att has gotten the device.

This has been the biggest nightmare for me. A very very loyal att customer. I did everything in my power and provided att information every day this past week bc I wanted the full priced phone of my bill so my auto pay would not reflect almost 1200.00. after I was told daily I need not to worry and the device would be taken off my bill. I was charged almost 1200.00 at 4am this morning. I am beyond and over the moon super beyond upset. 

I'll never mail anything or replace anything with this company ever again. My trust has been massively hurt with ATT and It makes me not want to use my next up on my phone anymore and not continue my services when my 5 devices I have are all up. 

I have a feeling this will not do me anything better either.

And not even a month ago I had to fight for rightfully compensation to be but on my account and I even got it current and at a 0 balance. And my next bill comes at is almost 1200.00 after I spent over 1000.00 on my bill and a new phone in the month of August. 

I seriously don't want to fight or even ask for compensation on this issue. It should just be an automatic given for a customers who have been treat less than important as a customer in the past 2 months and I put well over 1000.00 in att's pocket just in the month of August alone. 

I'm seriously dumbfounded by all of this. 

Help please. I'm seriously over this. I give up. I put up my sos flag on this. 

Responses

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

It is truly amazing to read your post and I am having a VERY similar issue. I was told I would get a 1000 credit on new phones if I traded in my old ones, however the box never arrived to trade in the old phones and now they are charging me for the whole full priced phones, even though I have called EVERY day for the past 2 weeks and have always been reassured. Managers wont get in contact with me. Honestly I feel burned and do not trust ATT anymore.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

a month ago

Neither of you have posted enough Information to give a real good idea of the next step.  Best option is file a complaint online with the Better business bureau.  It will be forwarded to AT&T office of the president, who will call you.  
  Meanwhile gather all your documentation. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Well. My LGV60 for whatever reason will not do bluetooth tethering. It says it needs to be activated. After many calls with ATT on this. They finally decided I needed to replace the device. So when I got the new device in the mail. I ran into the exactly the same problem..so both phones were telling me bluetooth tethering Services needed to be activated even though the Wi-Fi hotspot works just fine. 

I then called att to ask what I should do as my situation was the same. I was told for many days to hold on to both phones and management would be in touch with me. That never happen. I finally got spooked with an email saying I would be charged for the device if I didn't return it. So I gave up and took the phone to the post office. 

91 days later I get charged for the phone.

AT&T only gives it's customers one good heads up and then waits 91 days while saying nothing to you like hey..just a reminder we have not got the phone. 

I threw my recipe away thinking att got the phone. I went to post office. Post office told me they didn't have it and sent it off.... Then I got a akward phone call from my post office telling me the phone somehow had been in their back room this whole time and they asked me if I wanted to mail it. I said (Edited per community guidelines) no and went and got the phone. 

I honestly figured the ATT store would take the phone and I felt it would be a safer bet. Nope. Att store tells me to call customer service. Customer service last Friday in the backend department after calling and saying cancel my service per what the store told me to do. 

Lady was very nice. She told me to mail it off and on Tuesday I would get a phone call from her manager in the back end department and he would get the phone charge off my bill then and there on tue with the recipe information I would give him. 

Well.. Tuesday came. No call..I called in.gave the info to a rep. They said I would still have to wait on a call. I have both called and chatted everyday but today and told the a manger would call me tomorrow to another one saying 20 mins. To the charge would be removed before my auto pay was to come out. Last two I spoke with even confirmed that att has gotten the phone back. And that was 2 days ago..and yet they can't even take care of me and now I have to deal with this overcharge auto pay issue. 

Iv read about the better business bureau option but I honestly am trying to use that as a dead last option as I just feel like my account would be marked for life after that and I might be looked at different in the future. Like I'm a problematic customer who just gets mad for no reason and should not be taken seriously or something silly like that..it honestly would not surprise me. 

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question