Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Rishabh277's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, April 11th, 2024 2:04 AM

Charged for International Data Roaming even when International Day Pass was activated

Name - Antara (Edited as per community guidelines)

Number - (Edited as per community guidelines)

My number was charged $2303.24 on March 14th for International Roaming. I had already activated my International Day Pass for the day. Tried chatting and calling the customer support, they are denying that any pass was added to my account. Thankfully i have screenshot and email. 

( Edited as per community guidelines)

( Edited as per community guidelines)

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 month ago

What is the date the international charges started and what exactly are they for? Calls, text, data?  Were you in a covered area? 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

What do you mean you activated international day pass for the day?
Before you leave the USA, international day pass should be active on your phone line.  It should NOT be removed.  It should NOT be turned off.    

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

1 month ago

This is the text I receive when overseas with IDP. If not you should have received a text that it will be added automatically unless declined

Even received it when on WiFi calling.

Hi, it's AT&T. Great news! You have our best international package, International Day Pass, on this line. This means you can use your phone like you do at home with unlimited talk/text and the data included in your AT&T plan for just $10/day. Pay only for the days used abroad with a max of 10 daily fees per line per bill. Additional lines used the same day are only $5/day. For details, go to att.com/IDPTravelTips (ENG). Para detalles, visita att.com/viajar (ESP). Enjoy your trip and safe travels!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

BTW, screenshots, can only be added on this for as long as all of your personal information is obscured

2 Messages

1 month ago

I was in India in March, On March 14th I was travelling from India to Qatar, I added International Day Pass online, then turned my Sim on and connected to data, used the data in India and in Qatar on 14th March (I was flying). Then i turned off my sim card and turned off my international pass i did not want to be charged for the next day. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

1 month ago

Were you using your phone on the plane? That wouldn't be covered by IDP. How did you "turn off" your SIM card. Why did you remove IDP? If you didn't want to be charged for IDP, don't use international service. Turning it off just means you'll be charged full price if you use international service.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

It's apparent you don't understand  how international day pass works.

International day pass limits how much you pay when you connect to a foreign service provider and use service.

Turning it off means that you were using pay-per use roaming charges which are significantly more expensive .   

Data roaming in the background alone is $2.05 per megabyte. That's over $2,000 for a gigabyte of data.   

So not the least bit surprised you have a large bill.

Unless you keep your phone in airplane mode, or off, you were going to rack up charges.

https://www.att.com/international/day-pass/

Please read everything including the frequently asked questions at the bottom of the page. This information would have been invaluable and would have saved you a very large bill, which unfortunately is entirely valid

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.