Need help understanding your bill?
Kettering1021's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 15th, 2018 5:02 PM

Charged for international calls I did not make!

I got an alert for a 13.00 charge on my bill for a 7 min international call I did not make. I called and was told I had to pay it because it came from my phone. I know I didn’t call France, Is there anyway for Att to ping where(location) call was made? I was told by the supervisor Lizzy in Davonport, IA there was nothing she could do, she could not call or email her regional manager, or give her regional manager email. She then told me I’d be defrauding the company if I got a 13.00 credit for unsatisfactory customer service. 

Since our conversation I have emailed the cooperate regional manger, CC the Human Resources director as well. 

I’m at a loss I didn’t call France never once had there been an international call in 5 years on my bill. I’m even more concerned that call center supervisors don’t have a regional supervisor? 

Thanks. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

scares me if that was 10 of those calls....not just 1

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry to hear this. 2 advices:

1) call at&t and tell them that the phone number was hacked. They can check this on their end. I did this and they refunded. I took several calls and several tries, but it did happen.
2) replace at&t with another carries. ASAP. This will happen again (like it happened to me).

Good luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was charged for a 23 minute call to the Phillipines--$92.00. I went to att.com/my and downloaded the Call Detail. Sure enough this call was not on the call detail! I have a business account and sent a copy of the bill and call detail to my account rep. Waiting to hear back from him. But I wanted to let others know to check their call detail if they have a disputed call.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I too was charged $75 for an international call I didn't make to Mauritania - it's in Northwest Africa (had to look it up on Google Maps)! It was made in September and I didn't realize it until I received the bill. I was extremely lucky to get a hold of a wonderful customer service rep at AT&T that worked with me to remove the charge and even credited the tax on it. By suggestion of the customer service rep, I put a block on international calls for all the phones on my plan. I was searching the web to see if this has happened to anyone else when I came across this thread. Apparently it's happening more and more, and with other service companies as well. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My 85 year old mother was charged $741 for a bogus international call of 106 minutes they said she made to Mauritania, North Africa. She has dementia and doesn't know how to make a call except for using her contact numbers. I spent 7 1/2 hours of my time on the phone with AT&T trying to dispute. They say it was an outgoing call so she owes it. She has never made an international call in her life! I've spoken to so many Managers and the International Fraud department at AT&T to get the charge removed, with no help. My mother's bill is normally $64 a month. She is on a limited income and can't pay this outrageous bill. I guess we'll just have to cancel her phone. I see we are not alone with these bogus calls!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm going through this exact same problem too! Same city as well! This is bogus

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Well, time for you to switch carriers I should say.. Found this on web.

https://www.traversetelecom.com/products-services/outbound-per-minute-calling-charges

Try them and let me know.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I was also told today that I made 2 calls on New Year's Eve to Toronto. One for 2 mins and one for 1hr. 32 mins. I spoke with Rae from ATT and T, ID S0097 and was told that I had to pay for these call. I did not make these calls and I know no one in Toronto. I told her there must be a way to trace where the call actually came from and she told me, no I have to pay for those calls. My bill has been tripled. I think there is some type of scam going on and ATT and T does not want to take the time to investigate. All they want is money. I will be leaving them.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Today 1/22/20, I was told that I had to pay for 2 calls made to Toronto on New Year's Eve which I did not make. My bill tripled due to those calls. I told Rae, Id S0097 that I did not make these calls and that I do not know anyone in Toronto, and she said it is clear that it came from my phone. I think there is some type of scam going on.. ATT and T does not want to take the time to investigate these fraudulent calls, instead they demand payment for calls not made by you. If so many people are complaining about the same issues, that should be a red flag, that something is not right. I am planning on leaving this company.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just got the same runaround for a $30 call that I can PROVE I didn't make because there is no record of it in my call history on my phone!  In the end when I mentioned the word 'Fraud' and said I wanted an investigation, they credited it back but said they wouldn't investigate because they credited it back.  What the...???  Wouldn't you think the company would still want to investigate fraud targeting their clients??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.