The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
A

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 3:41 AM

Charge on returned iphone!

I recently ordered new iPhone SE, right after receiving it 24 hours latter and seeing how small it was I called customer service and asked to exchange and return phone! They offered me two options to return it to local ATT or send it back, I went to local store at 50702 zip-code, the owner and only employee first told me that he will exchange it but in week

time when my billing cycle ends in 5 days, when I returned he said he is not able to do it as he did not carry 32gb models in stock(it was the total scam as he 5 days earlier pulled my account and said totally opposite) and said I can try at another location that is 60 miles away, as disabled person that was simply impossible.   Anyway I initiated return exactly 7 days with USPS(have all tracking numbers) who delivered the package 2 days latter back to Texas. Than I went to local best buy and got new iphone 11 and new unlimited plans for all my lines which I have no problem paying for. Now you are sending me bill charge of monthly 1 out 12$x30 months fir iphone SE plus full charge for iPhone SE I returned 338$ and activation fees for number I never even activated or used. My bill from 200$ is now about 700$ 

I will have no other choice but to block you auto pay on Monday until you take all charges off that should not be on it. Also I  going to start dispute with BBB as I already spent over 6 hours on pihone just to initiate returns and lets not even say 2 1/2 hours waiting at your ATT store just to be lied by your employee. After over 10 years with you I am very disappointed. As a disabled american and how you treated me I am disgusted!

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

1 y ago

This is a customer populated Forum not AT&T.

If you do not pay your bill when it is due you will be subject to suspension impossible cancellation if this is your first bill. This will throw up a red flag for fraud. Adding new lines and purchasing a new phones is going to mean your first bill is about double what a normal bill will be. First bills include activation fees on all the lines, a full and partial month's service, and the installments for all of those new phones even if you qualify for promotions.

If you do not pay your first bill on time you will also void any phone promotions you were eligible for. 

I don't think losing out on the other phone promotions is worth the $12 installments charge for the phone that you returned, which can easily be reversed with proof that you returned the phone at an AT&T store..

Do you have proof that your return the phone in the form of a return receipt?  

Yes? 

Call AT&T and work it out. 

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

No LizDance40 you are wrong, it is not about 12$ charge it is about 338$ charge for a full payment of the iPhone SE that I already have returned. If the ATT is going to use scam/cheating tactics than I rather have them void/nullifies my contract. At this point in time for the amount of stress I am getting than I rather cancel/nullified and have them run for their money!
Thank You on your worthless comment   

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

1 y ago

(Sigh) okay, so AT&T doesn’t have record of the return.    As I already wrote; do you have the return receipt? Have you contacted AT&T to let them know that you have a return receipt?

YES?

No?

I assume that you are eligible for several hundred dollars off of each of new iPhone 11‘s that you purchased.

Yes?

No?

Do you want to void the promotions by paying late?

Do you want your account suspended for late payments?

Do you want your account canceled and full amount on all phones and service do at once because they flag you for fraud because you did not pay your first bill?

Do you want AT&T sending you to collections?  
    I would think not.  

You can try and be stubborn, do it your way (the wrong way), and you’ll get the worse end of this, or you can go through this the correct way and preserve your rights and not completely mess up your account and wind up owing several thousand and be without service.  

Call AT&T and work it out.  

FYI.   You can’t void your phone agreements after 14 days.  If you cancel service you’ll be charged the full price of all four phones, Plus all the activation fees and whatever for service.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Yes I do have a Receipt of the return and tracking numbers that phone has arrived and been accepted by ATT. 

No I only added 1 phone not several phones, no there where no discounts of hundreds dollars(Nor anny), all phone was bought on ATT Lease of 23$ a month.

I am not worries of getting my account suspended. 

only promotional thing I have is -30$ for having auto pay which I had for 12 1/2 years with ATT.

I am not worried about collection agencies either nor my credit score.

I am worried about them charging me money and taking of my account which is normally each month used for my medication. If you do not live of SS disability checks as only income than you would understand but if you do not you can play ATT agent sides. 

Thank you on your help

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

1 y ago

Yes I do have a Receipt of the return and tracking numbers that phone has arrived and been accepted by ATT. 

Great.  Is it perhaps dated AFTER the bill?

Have you called AT&T to tell them you have proof of return but the phone is on the bill?
Yes?

No?

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.