Need help understanding your bill?
Nicole1206's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 10th, 2016 2:58 PM

Changing plans

No one ever told me that there there was a fee per line to switch plans. What kind of crap is this. My bill is almost 500 dollars. You have got to be kidding me!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Switch carriers?

There is no fee to switch within the same carrier.  All carriers have activation fees for new accounts.  

This is why carriers offer credit for switching if you keep your bill current.  Please note, if you don't pay the first couple of bills on time you don't get the credits, which are substantial enough to have no bill for a couple of months once issued.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, same carrier. I was on a mobile share and switched to unlimited. Charged a fee per line and they aren't even the same price. I'll call them in a little while.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Well yeah, did you think it was free?

the first line is $100.  The rest are $40. The 4th line (free) will be credited after 3 months. 

The plan was well advertised.  Didn't you ask what the cost was?

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Nicole1206 wrote:
Yes, same carrier. I was on a mobile share and switched to unlimited. Charged a fee per line and they aren't even the same price. I'll call them in a little while.

There are no fees to switch from mobile share to the unlimited plan. The plans don't have the same price but there are no fees. Most likely what you are seeing are pro-rated charges for all the changes.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Duh, Of course nothing is free. But to switch I shouldn't be charged. That just doesn't make sense. I'll check into it. Thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.